Veloflex enters the tubeless market

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jencvo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am
Is Veloflex Corsa Race TLR equivalent to Vittoria Corsa or Corsa Speed? Being 80ish kg, rear thread wear is a genuine concern. 1000km is 2.5 weeks of riding so can't be changing tires each month.

IMO the outer rubber layer on Vittoria’s tubeless tires makes even the Corsa Speed more robust against sidewall damage. No doubt the Corsa Speed is the fastest wearing tire of the ones mentioned, but Veloflex sidewalls get cut up on the roads I ride.

jencvo

by jencvo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:39 am
jencvo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am
Is Veloflex Corsa Race TLR equivalent to Vittoria Corsa or Corsa Speed? Being 80ish kg, rear thread wear is a genuine concern. 1000km is 2.5 weeks of riding so can't be changing tires each month.

IMO the outer rubber layer on Vittoria’s tubeless tires makes even the Corsa Speed more robust against sidewall damage. No doubt the Corsa Speed is the fastest wearing tire of the ones mentioned, but Veloflex sidewalls get cut up on the roads I ride.
Thanks Tobin! Might not be the tire for me to try in this case, will stick with Vittorias.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

R2power

by R2power

I have a quick one. I can't tell if Team Liv is using Vittoria or Veloflex tires? Are they tubed or tubless version?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRgIeNlFpjq/

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

R2power wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:53 pm
I have a quick one. I can't tell if Team Liv is using Vittoria or Veloflex tires? Are they tubed or tubless version?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRgIeNlFpjq/
I see tubeless cadex for sure in a few places. The tan wall ones tend to have slender valves without the characteritics nut, so perhaps tubulars? In one shot i see a splash of red in the logo so perhaps Vittoria G2.0

Elmersen

by Elmersen

Any views on using Corsa EVO TLR 28 mm on rims with internal width of 25 mm? LB WR 45. I know it's not officially approved, but how is the width of the tread?

Nickldn

by Nickldn

I'm looking for the Veloflex Corsa TLR equivalent of the Vittoria Corsa G+ 2.0 TLR. Would that be the Corsa Evo TLR? How does it compare in terms of tread thickness with the G+?

Does the Corsa Race TLR feel more like the Vittoria Corsa Speed 2.0 TLR, or the G+ 2.0 in terms of tread thickness?
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Marin

by Marin

Got my Race TLR today, loving them. Did a PR on my most-ridden descent right away, so they are definitely confidence inspiring.

Ride feel is much better than the Pro One they replaced, setup was easy. Speed identical in my rolldown test.

vjswing

by vjswing

ryanw wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:55 pm
Nothing but praise for Veloflex from me.

Numerous pairs of 28c Evos fitted to new hookless Zipps and performed amazingly well, even after a crash from hitting a pot hole which split the rim, the tyre was fine and reused!

I've had the Corsa Race 25c on my SL7 now for about 1,000km and they've been great. Not as supple of Corsa Speeds, but I'd say they're more robust. I've had one puncture on them that I didn't know about until I got home. Orange Seal works great with them.
I've now gone approximately 1000 km since I mounted the Corsa Evos (clincher, 28c) in mid-August, and have been totally pleased with them! Easily the most supple of the roughly 5 different tires I've mounted since I began road cycling 4 years ago, and have yet to experience a puncture on these (knock on wood...LOL!). Because I'm so prone to experimentation and tinkering, I still might end up trying the GP5000 clincher when these wear out (in the never-ending quest for reduced rolling resistance and "free speed"), but I'm still blown away by how well the Veloflex performs on rubbish surfaces.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

ryanw wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:55 pm
Nothing but praise for Veloflex from me.

Numerous pairs of 28c Evos fitted to new hookless Zipps and performed amazingly well, even after a crash from hitting a pot hole which split the rim, the tyre was fine and reused!

I've had the Corsa Race 25c on my SL7 now for about 1,000km and they've been great. Not as supple of Corsa Speeds, but I'd say they're more robust. I've had one puncture on them that I didn't know about until I got home. Orange Seal works great with them.
I have a pair of Zipp 303 firecrest.
Would you recommend the Veloflex 28mm? Veloflex itself does not.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

They work just fine, very well in fact.

Many happy customers running 28c Corsa Evos on 303S, 303 & 404 Firecrests, and 353 NSWs.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Bowser

by Bowser

I've given up on tubeless for my 25mm Corsa Race TLR's. I've had four now and had issues with three of them.

One punctured on the first ride and wouldn't seal. A tube got me back home. The second one popped at 80psi whilst inflating one day. The failure happened in the middle of the casing, under the butyl strip. No sign of any previous damage, just a weakness in the consutrction.

The third was installed and shaken throughout the days for a week, but still the sealant bubbled through the sidewall. A 2hr ride on that wheel and had to stop after 90mins to add more air, but then for the rides after that it stablised. 2 weeks later it just went during a group ride and would only hold air for 30mins. When I got home I took the tire off to check sealant levels and there was loads. This one has a tube in it now.

I also have 28mm Corsa Evo's on my winter trainer, mounted on LB WR38 rims. They've been quite a different story. No issues at all and they hold air impressively well for a tubeless.

I'm going to run through the 25mm Corsa Race TLR tires with tubes, then I have a set of the Corsa Race non-TLR's to go through. After that I'll make descision on whether I go back to Turbo Cotton's.

polpy

by polpy

Bowser wrote:I've given up on tubeless for my 25mm Corsa Race TLR's. I've had four now and had issues with three of them.

One punctured on the first ride and wouldn't seal. A tube got me back home. The second one popped at 80psi whilst inflating one day. The failure happened in the middle of the casing, under the butyl strip. No sign of any previous damage, just a weakness in the consutrction.

The third was installed and shaken throughout the days for a week, but still the sealant bubbled through the sidewall. A 2hr ride on that wheel and had to stop after 90mins to add more air, but then for the rides after that it stablised. 2 weeks later it just went during a group ride and would only hold air for 30mins. When I got home I took the tire off to check sealant levels and there was loads. This one has a tube in it now.

I also have 28mm Corsa Evo's on my winter trainer, mounted on LB WR38 rims. They've been quite a different story. No issues at all and they hold air impressively well for a tubeless.

I'm going to run through the 25mm Corsa Race TLR tires with tubes, then I have a set of the Corsa Race non-TLR's to go through. After that I'll make descision on whether I go back to Turbo Cotton's.
Same expirience with the race as mentioned above. Bought directly at veloflex. They dont care :)

On the other side - The Corsa Evo TLR in 28mm is on the Enve Approved List for the hookless 3.4 ar and 4.5ar.

IceLed

by IceLed

And just like this, suddenly the Veloflex tires are hookless compatible Image

https://www.veloflex.it/en/blog/post/ro ... s-coupling

Great news, I was running them on my hookless Zipp 303 Firecrest for almost a year - zero issues.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

S-Works Venge 2019 Battleship
Previous bikes:
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 2019
Canyon Ultimate CF SL Disc
Canyon Endurace AL
Cube Agree C:62
Cube Peloton

polpy

by polpy

IceLed wrote:And just like this, suddenly the Veloflex tires are hookless compatible Image

https://www.veloflex.it/en/blog/post/ro ... s-coupling

Great news, I was running them on my hookless Zipp 303 Firecrest for almost a year - zero issues.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
They are also on enves list for the 3.4AR and 4.5AR for some time

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

Anybody who could measure up some 28s (Corsa Evo and/or Race) on their rims? Please specify internal rim width in your reply :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com