Veloflex enters the tubeless market

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
IanisCercariolo

by IanisCercariolo

I received 3 Corsa Race TLR today, weights were 219/214/211 :D
I mounted them on my LB AR46 (21 internal, 28 external) quite easily compared to Schwalbe Pro Ones, I used a tire lever though but no problem at all.
Then it was impossible to inflate with a track pump, had to use CO2 cartridges and it claped directly.
I was then able to pump more with my track pump, then remove the valve core and inject 45 mL of Stan's sealant, and pump again with the track pump.
It made a few bubbles near the bead around the valve, but it stopped after a few seconds and It still holds air well for a few hours now.
It measures around 27mm at 6 bar so perfect for the aerodynamic transition.
Really pleased so far, can't wait to try them on the road soon !

George46GR

by George46GR

Dear @IanisCercariolo, I hope yoy enjoy the tyres ! The experience so far is that:
(a) The look fandastic
(b) They are super light
(c) The are very "thirsty" thus they consume the sealant relatively easy and soon
(d) They roll nice (probably I prefer my Schwalbe Pro Ones)
(e) They are supple but not as supple as the Schwalbe Pro Ones (at least IMO)
(f) The are rather a delicate choice, especially due to their cotton sidewalls.
(g) The tread is probably much more durable that their sidewalls.

Enjoy the way they ride and keep us up to date !
2023 Cervelo S5, size 56, sapphire/ice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

IceLed

by IceLed

Decided to go back to tubeless and since I have extremely poor experience with both GP 5000 and Schwalbe Pro Ones, decided to try something new - Veloflex.
Ordered the CORSA Evo on Saturday, arrived on Tuesday.
Weight: both tires were exactly the same - 238 gram.
Put them on my DT SWISS PRC1400 65, to my surprise I managed to put both by hand (no tire levers). The only prep I had was two layers of Schwalbe Tubeless tape per tire. For pumping I used Schwalbe Boost. Two shots in the front, one at the back. Honestly, this is one of the easiest tubeless installs I ever had... Let's see how do they keep air through the night and tomorrow will take then our for a spin.
They do look amazing on bike, pictures tomorrow as it is a bit too late now here. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

S-Works Venge 2019 Battleship
Previous bikes:
Canyon Aeroad CF SLX Disc 2019
Canyon Ultimate CF SL Disc
Canyon Endurace AL
Cube Agree C:62
Cube Peloton

polpy

by polpy

what sealant are you guys running? I have been using Stans non-race with those tyres and while they hold the pressure pretty good (less than 1 bar lost in 1 week) they leak sealant through the sidewalls like hell. The front tire is worse than the rear tire but i can see foamed sealant on the sidewalls all day long.

George46GR

by George46GR

JOE's NO FLATS super sealant for me... works quite well on both Veloflex Corsa Race TLR and Schwalbe Pro Ones TLE. I have now ended using the Schwalbe's.

IceLed

by IceLed

George46GR wrote:JOE's NO FLATS super sealant for me... works quite well on both Veloflex Corsa Race TLR and Schwalbe Pro Ones TLE. I have now ended using the Schwalbe's.
Same!

Previous bikes:
Canyon Endurace AL
Cube Peloton

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Veloflex Corsa TLRs end up being far less durable than Vittoria Corsa Speeds to me. Maybe the tread theoretically lasts longer, but the casing/sidewalls fray or tear well before that.

George46GR

by George46GR

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:33 am
Veloflex Corsa TLRs end up being far less durable than Vittoria Corsa Speeds to me. Maybe the tread theoretically lasts longer, but the casing/sidewalls fray or tear well before that.
I am afraid "Tobin" is (unfortunately) right. The sidewalls of the Veloflex (at least for the Corsa RACE which I used, 4 of them) are very very delicate, except that they also leak sealant.

That's why I know consistently use the Schwalbe Pro Ones TLE. They roll nicely, SUPER SUPER SMOOTHLY, but they are rather soft and prone to cuts. They last approximately 5000 km. I have now ordered the new version, the super race ones to try them (in black, not the tan ones). I will let you know.

The Vittoria Corsa Speed are still new and in their boxes for a race day :-) They will be installed on the Farsposts Feder 35mm wheels as soon the 2022 BMC TeamMachine SLR01 frame arrives !!!

vjswing

by vjswing

IceLed wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 pm
George46GR wrote:JOE's NO FLATS super sealant for me... works quite well on both Veloflex Corsa Race TLR and Schwalbe Pro Ones TLE. I have now ended using the Schwalbe's.
Same!

Hello IceLed - can you please update your experience with these tires? I'm looking at the open tubular/clincher version of the Corsa Evo, and am curious about how you feel about the rolling resistance, grip, sidewall/tread durability, etc.

IceLed

by IceLed

vjswing wrote:
IceLed wrote:
Same!

Hello IceLed - can you please update your experience with these tires? I'm looking at the open tubular/clincher version of the Corsa Evo, and am curious about how you feel about the rolling resistance, grip, sidewall/tread durability, etc.
Sure!
Let me put it in few topics:
1. Rolling resistance - outstanding - to me they felt super fast, if Strava PRs count.
2. Grip - by far the grippiest I have tried to date. Even when touching with fingers they feel sticky. I would say the biggest plus of the tires. Entering corners with about 50 km/h - simply inspire confidence, both dry and wet.
3. Sidewall and thread - so far so good, about 1000 km, no wear signs, no cuts. Yeah, the road quality here is pretty great
4. Overall ride feel. Well, here is where they fall a bit short. With the recommended pressure of 6.5 bar the ride is pretty harsh. No suppleness. I think this is related to sidewall thickness due to tubeless... At the same pressure Schwalbe were more supple and S-WORKS Turbos as well.
5. Tubeless setup - zero issues on DT SWISS PRC1400 65 mm, all by hand

Would I buy again - yes, but perhaps non tubeless version.

Hope that helps.

Previous bikes:
Canyon Endurace AL
Cube Peloton

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

IceLed wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:07 pm

4. Overall ride feel. Well, here is where they fall a bit short. With the recommended pressure of 6.5 bar the ride is pretty harsh. No suppleness. I think this is related to sidewall thickness due to tubeless... At the same pressure Schwalbe were more supple and S-WORKS Turbos as well.

My bet is the extra thick rubber layer INSIDE the casing making the Veloflex Corsas ride harsh. They feel quite harsh until you underinflate them. Then when you underinflate them you risk damaging the sidewalls on debris.

vjswing

by vjswing

IceLed wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 4:07 pm
vjswing wrote:
IceLed wrote:
Same!

Sure!
Let me put it in few topics:
1. Rolling resistance - outstanding - to me they felt super fast, if Strava PRs count.
2. Grip - by far the grippiest I have tried to date. Even when touching with fingers they feel sticky. I would say the biggest plus of the tires. Entering corners with about 50 km/h - simply inspire confidence, both dry and wet.
3. Sidewall and thread - so far so good, about 1000 km, no wear signs, no cuts. Yeah, the road quality here is pretty great
5. Tubeless setup - zero issues on DT SWISS PRC1400 65 mm, all by hand

Would I buy again - yes, but perhaps non tubeless version.

Hope that helps.

Hello IceLed - thanks for the very detailed response! In reviewing new tire options for myself, I've pretty much narrowed it down the Veloflex Corsa Evo open tubulars vs. the Vittoria Corsa Controls. The Veloflex sounds super tempting; the only thing that might be a drawback is that I ride on a few not-so-nice surfaces on occasion. I never do specific gravel riding on the road bike; I have a hardtail MTB that I use for that purpose, but every so often, the road bike needs to deal with nasty chip-seal and short gravel stretches due to construction, etc.

I guess the worst-case scenario is that I go with one of them, and if I have problems with it, can just give the other tire a try. Again, I appreciate you sharing your experience.

polpy

by polpy

Just a heads up to stay away from veloflex (atleast buying directly at their shop).

I bought corsa race tlr which have the issue with the leaking sidewalls and after 3 emails back and fourth they simply stopped replying.

The last mail was something like "its the fault of the sealant, not the tire" (tried stans and Joes).

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Nothing but praise for Veloflex from me.

Numerous pairs of 28c Evos fitted to new hookless Zipps and performed amazingly well, even after a crash from hitting a pot hole which split the rim, the tyre was fine and reused!

I've had the Corsa Race 25c on my SL7 now for about 1,000km and they've been great. Not as supple of Corsa Speeds, but I'd say they're more robust. I've had one puncture on them that I didn't know about until I got home. Orange Seal works great with them.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

jencvo

by jencvo

Is Veloflex Corsa Race TLR equivalent to Vittoria Corsa or Corsa Speed? Being 80ish kg, rear thread wear is a genuine concern. 1000km is 2.5 weeks of riding so can't be changing tires each month.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com