Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
CoastalRider

by CoastalRider

SixThirteen wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:30 am
Well, a rim has arrived. Brake track looks different.

Seems I need to find a local wheelbuilder who will do a rebuild for me since they say they will refund the rebuild cost. Its proving tricky to find someone prepared to work with carbon spokes.

If I had known I'd have pressed for the whole wheel, even if I had to pay small $ to save this.
thanks for keeping this updated. Glad to know that they sent the replacement and cover the rebuild. Hopefully you'll be able to get someone to get you back out on the road asap.

I was surprised when mine arrived that the brake track almost looks flush with the rest of the wheel. That is, it doesn't look like there's much more material than the rest of the wheel. The stopping distance and power doesn't seem any different than with my previous alloy rims. I've only put about 500km on them so far, and they're everything I'd hoped they would be at this point.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I got Hypers for my Addict RC disc. Now I'm planning to use the original wheels tubeless as a second wheelset for long Z2 rides with wider more comfortable tires. When I put the Hypers on, the gear changes weren't very good at the back. Does that mean it's different spacing with other hubs?

Also I read that there can be an issue with the disc not aligning the same. Now I'm having second thoughts about doing this. I have already ordered a new expensive Force cassette though.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

Cassette/hubspacing can indeed be a little different from wheel to wheel. If you want truly interchangeable wheelsets you can consider using shims for both disc and casette (or just adjust indexing - after a few tries you will get to know how much and what adjustment is needed for what wheel) to create equally spaced discs& cassettes across the wheels.

For example:https://boydcycling.com/products/center ... him-4-pack

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Broke a spoke tonight on my 38s. Would a local have a spoke that would work as I don't have any spares.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

jzinckgra wrote:Broke a spoke tonight on my 38s. Would a local have a spoke that would work as I don't have any spares.

Lucky I found my spare spokes. All set.

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

New Winspace wheels homologated on the latest UCI list

trailgumby

by trailgumby

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:24 pm
I got Hypers for my Addict RC disc. Now I'm planning to use the original wheels tubeless as a second wheelset for long Z2 rides with wider more comfortable tires. When I put the Hypers on, the gear changes weren't very good at the back. Does that mean it's different spacing with other hubs?

Also I read that there can be an issue with the disc not aligning the same. Now I'm having second thoughts about doing this. I have already ordered a new expensive Force cassette though.
'
When I've done this in the past (training wheelset vs Race Day Only wheelset) I've preferred to use hubs from the same manufacturer. I've gotten away with different manufacturers once, where a Sun Ringle Dirty Flea hub just happened to be a perfect match for a Hope Pro 2 142x12 MTB hub, but is was luck rather than good management. On other occasions with different brand hubs I had to get the bike ship to shim up one of the hubs to match the other. Messy.

Most recently I did it with a SHimano XT boost rear hub on the training wheelset and an XTR-equivalent non-series FH M901 BS rear hub.

Otherwise you're stuck with re-centering your caliper (easy) and tweaking derailleur end point screws and shifter cable tension (annoying).

trailgumby

by trailgumby

Roadbiker10 wrote:

'
When I've done this in the past (training wheelset vs Race Day Only wheelset) I've preferred to use hubs from the same manufacturer as the lowest risk way of ensuring I don;t have tuning issues when I swap wheels.

I've gotten away with different manufacturers once, where a Sun Ringle Dirty Flea hub just happened to be a perfect match for a Hope Pro 2 142x12 MTB rear hub, but it was luck rather than good management (front hubs were Cannondale Lefty). On other occasions with different brand hubs I had to get the bike ship to shim up one of the hubs to match the other. Messy.

Most recently I did it with a Shimano XT boost rear hub on the training wheelset and an XTR-equivalent non-series FH M901 BS on the other.

Otherwise you're stuck with re-centering your caliper (easy) and tweaking derailleur end point screws and shifter cable tension (annoying).

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

trailgumby wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:44 am
Roadbiker10 wrote:

'
When I've done this in the past (training wheelset vs Race Day Only wheelset) I've preferred to use hubs from the same manufacturer. I've gotten away with different manufacturers once, where a Sun Ringle Dirty Flea hub just happened to be a perfect match for a Hope Pro 2 142x12 MTB hub, but is was luck rather than good management. On other occasions with different brand hubs I had to get the bike ship to shim up one of the hubs to match the other. Messy.

Most recently I did it with a SHimano XT boost rear hub on the training wheelset and an XTR-equivalent non-series FH M901 BS rear hub.

Yeah, it's a no go then for me. I am known to be the worst probably of all time at mechaninc stuff. Most of the time I try doing something, I make it worse. And here we're talking about switching like 2-3 times a week.

Only way to do this then would be to get a pair of the cheaper Lun wheels as a second wheelset. Would the spacing be the same then between Lun and Hyper? I can't even afford it now but maybe in the future.

By the way, the cassette I ordered turned out to not be in stock. Which would have been too good to be true anyway, since you can't get a Sram Axs cassette anywhere.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

What would be the lowest pressure I could get away with on the Hypers with 25 on latex tubes? I weigh 67kg and the bike 8kg. I usually run 80-82psi rear and 75-77 front, for fast rides. But I would like to go lower for endurance rides.

By the way. How much of a detriment would 28 be aerodynamically on the Hypers vs 25? I believe my 25 GP5000 measure just under 26mm on the Hypers.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

trailgumby

by trailgumby

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:59 am
Only way to do this then would be to get a pair of the cheaper Lun wheels as a second wheelset.
That could be a workable option. Ask them - they have a native English speaker on customer support apparently. TEll them what you just told me above and ask for their advice.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

trailgumby wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:13 am
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:59 am
Only way to do this then would be to get a pair of the cheaper Lun wheels as a second wheelset.
That could be a workable option. Ask them - they have a native English speaker on customer support apparently. TEll them what you just told me above and ask for their advice.
I have already been in contact with them, great customer service. Will have to ask about that. That would actually be a great idea to get a pair of light more shallow carbon wheels for endurance. I'll have to see about that in the future.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021

Ronin416

by Ronin416

StiffWeenies wrote:New Winspace wheels homologated on the latest UCI list
July 1st is the release date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicShite

by MagicShite

the new release is quite possibly the SC-28RD45TL-SLP series with 28-30mm external width, 21mm internal width options from speedercycling.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

CoastalRider wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:40 am
SixThirteen wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:30 am
Well, a rim has arrived. Brake track looks different.

Seems I need to find a local wheelbuilder who will do a rebuild for me since they say they will refund the rebuild cost. Its proving tricky to find someone prepared to work with carbon spokes.

If I had known I'd have pressed for the whole wheel, even if I had to pay small $ to save this.
thanks for keeping this updated. Glad to know that they sent the replacement and cover the rebuild. Hopefully you'll be able to get someone to get you back out on the road asap.

I was surprised when mine arrived that the brake track almost looks flush with the rest of the wheel. That is, it doesn't look like there's much more material than the rest of the wheel. The stopping distance and power doesn't seem any different than with my previous alloy rims. I've only put about 500km on them so far, and they're everything I'd hoped they would be at this point.
Well its been a bit of a saga, but a wheel with a new rim arrived...

As you recall, they sent just a rim, but I couldn't find anyone locally who was prepared to rebuild a wheel made with carbon spokes. They said to send the old wheels ansthe replacement rim to Cairns in Northern Queensland, which I did.

About a week later a wheel arrived. First ride the other day, seems OK so far.

The texture of the brake track on this new one looks very similar to my Roval CLXs
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg