Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Oms

by Oms

FlyingPensioner wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:28 am
Arno1 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:42 pm
Express delivery for France (13 days) and customs duty (a little less than 50 euros)
Unlike the British flag shaggers, France remains in the EU meaning this sort of transaction is easier.
14 days to arrive and no duty - hardly a difficult transaction for someone based in the UK was it?

Ps Your description "British flag shaggers" displays a peculiar lack of aspiration to understand the world. Please do share your experiences (and dig a hole for yourself in the process). 🤣

EspressoNow

by EspressoNow

I know this is a Hyper edition thread but has anyone tried the 60mm LUNs? With more standard spokes, no rim tape needed I feel it might be easier to live with but I'm unsure how they perform.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HenryH

by HenryH

EspressoNow wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:52 am
I know this is a Hyper edition thread but has anyone tried the 60mm LUNs? With more standard spokes, no rim tape needed I feel it might be easier to live with but I'm unsure how they perform.
Because of the carbon spokes? You will get 3 spares by the way.

If I remember correctly this video compares the wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOiMvuqnnNE

botacalor

by botacalor

promo videos...

C36

by C36

HenryH wrote:
EspressoNow wrote:

He got the idea, with very good protocol control you can measure differences, unfortunately here that’s not the case (wind, temperature, body weight, wind).

- - - - - - - - -
Supersix evo2HM : 5.71Kg

HenryH

by HenryH

botacalor wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:59 am
promo videos...
Didn't the cheaper wheels perform better than the more expensive ones?

And unfortunately isn't basically all information you can find about wheels "promo videos" by your standard?

HenryH

by HenryH

C36 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 pm
HenryH wrote:
EspressoNow wrote:

He got the idea, with very good protocol control you can measure differences, unfortunately here that’s not the case (wind, temperature, body weight, wind).

- - - - - - - - -
Obviously it just gives you a rough idea.

Such a shot in the dark buying wheels in general. It at least gives someone some indication that buying the cheaper version might not be a complete disaster.

And basically no-one can say that buying something else than those Lun-wheels in more or less that price range would be a better buy (or vice versa of course).

C36

by C36

U24 wrote:Anyone have an idea where I can buy a replacement hub shell for the Hyper wheels? The inner threads of the hub got stripped because of the cassette lock ring. They are still useable for now but I'm not confident I can do a couple more removal and attachment of the cassettes. I emailed Winspace and they said they don't sell the replacement hub shell. Are these just universal parts that I can buy from any store online?
How did it ended up? Was it the Freewheel body or the hub shell that had a problem?

- - - - - - - - -

alcatraz

by alcatraz

U24 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:21 pm
Anyone have an idea where I can buy a replacement hub shell for the Hyper wheels? The inner threads of the hub got stripped because of the cassette lock ring. They are still useable for now but I'm not confident I can do a couple more removal and attachment of the cassettes. I emailed Winspace and they said they don't sell the replacement hub shell. Are these just universal parts that I can buy from any store online?
You need a replacement freehub. They must be available for sale. Every cassette standard requires a different freehub that the manufacturer must be able to provide. It's also a common part to replace when it needs servicing.

So don't ask for a replacement hub shell. :)

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Gwcman wrote:
Mcdeez wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:43 pm
https://youtu.be/uxeE0XFO7OI

For people with creaking wheels!
It'll be interesting to follow to see if the sound returns like it did on mine after 1122kms. Had it greased again and got it back last Friday so I'm keeping tabs on it, rode 192kms this past weekend and it was fine, only time will tell.

Any change in yours @McDeez ?

Cheers,
Ive didnt had any noise since the first time i greased it!

C36

by C36

alcatraz wrote:
U24 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:21 pm
Anyone have an idea where I can buy a replacement hub shell for the Hyper wheels? The inner threads of the hub got stripped because of the cassette lock ring. They are still useable for now but I'm not confident I can do a couple more removal and attachment of the cassettes. I emailed Winspace and they said they don't sell the replacement hub shell. Are these just universal parts that I can buy from any store online?
You need a replacement freehub. They must be available for sale. Every cassette standard requires a different freehub that the manufacturer must be able to provide. It's also a common part to replace when it needs servicing.

So don't ask for a replacement hub shell. :)
Still curious how it ended up. If they don’t backup their wheels with spares, that’s a major concern.

- - - - - - - - -

EspressoNow

by EspressoNow

HenryH wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:15 pm

Such a shot in the dark buying wheels in general. It at least gives someone some indication that buying the cheaper version might not be a complete disaster.

And basically no-one can say that buying something else than those Lun-wheels in more or less that price range would be a better buy (or vice versa of course).

This is exactly how I feel and not knowing many locals with wheels other then Zipp it's been hard to narrow a set down. Without carbon spokes hopefully all I'll have to deal with is the occasional greasing of the hubs which I guess I'm OK with. The 45mm Rim brakes (with ceramic option) have been OOS for sometime now so the eye on the 60mm seems tempting.

I would love to have a set of wheels made but finding a local builder (Chicago) has been tough.

U24

by U24

C36 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:33 pm
Still curious how it ended up. If they don’t backup their wheels with spares, that’s a major concern.

- - - - - - - - -
Well they said they don't sell replacement hub bodies. I asked if they can point me where I can buy one but they didn't reply.

I guess I was using the incorrect terminology. But I did explain that the part I need is the one with threads that the cassette lock ring screws into because the threads are partly stripped. I'm not sure if they understood my inquiry. I guess I should have said freehub body.
Last edited by U24 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shokster65

by Shokster65

I had an issue with a freehub and they offered me a replacement. @chinacycling is normally a goood route to go for a repsonse. Agree though that if they don't / won't provide spares what is the point of purchasing what are otherwise good wheels?? IMHO the rims and spokes are excellent but they hubs and bearings appear to require a lot of attention, more so than other wheels I own. This should be something that they can easily address. Leave the base product as is but offer upgrades and replacement parts would help develop their brand.

dacian

by dacian

U24 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:23 am
C36 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:33 pm

- - - - - - - - -
Well they said they don't sell replacement hub bodies. I asked if they can point me where I can buy one but they didn't reply.

I guess I was using the correct terminology. But I did explain that the part I need is the one with threads that the cassette lock ring screws into because the threads are partly stripped. I'm not sure if they understood my inquiry. I guess I should have said freehub body.

Yes, you got to go back to them and ask for the freehub, that is a common spare part, they have to be able to provide it to you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com