Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

Thanks for the sharing, it is very lucky to you for the refund, in the other way, they got you a enduser feedback, may be in the future will take more seriously the QC before to ship any carbonwheels, and make more better for the warranty and afters services, my friend has Corima carbonwheels, got in Jan,2020 , just use 3 months and he had problems with the spokes, So He send to France to fix the probem, until now, over one year and half, no news from Corima. So the top brand have a good customer services?? I doubt it, so maybe they are the top brands, but if Corima can't push effort in the customer service and listen to the bikers. I will loss confindent in the top level carbonwheels and make more attention which brand's can support a faster customer services, the carbonwheels are consume parts where needs to pay 100% attention !!!

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

MC356 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:11 pm

Here is my latest youtube video about my Hypers and a hub breakdown and "spin" tests.
https://youtu.be/J_JAQCmJ31s
Did you ever try the spin down test after removing only the endcaps? (Support the axle, rotate the wheel and see if the spin was longer)

Perhaps the seal of the endcaps was adding drag as it seemed your bearings were smooth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronin416

by Ronin416

mvnsnd wrote:
MC356 wrote:

Here is my latest youtube video about my Hypers and a hub breakdown and "spin" tests.
Did you ever try the spin down test after removing only the endcaps? (Support the axle, rotate the wheel and see if the spin was longer)

Perhaps the seal of the endcaps was adding drag as it seemed your bearings were smooth.
Right, we’re left hanging as the OP got tired and never wanted to provide technical closure of what really was the problem.

But one thing that comes out of this that, Winspace supports their customers with a full refund. Rare in our industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MC356

by MC356

mvnsnd wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:40 pm
MC356 wrote:

I didn't try with without the end caps, but the wheels are long gone so no more testing. We can let winspace figure out what's wrong with them.
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO

MC356

by MC356

Ronin416 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:52 pm
mvnsnd wrote:
MC356 wrote:

Right, we’re left hanging as the OP got tired and never wanted to provide technical closure of what really was the problem.

But one thing that comes out of this that, Winspace supports their customers with a full refund. Rare in our industry.

I still don't know what the problem is or was. I sent the wheels back to winspace so they can looking into the problem. I didn't spend $1000 to play detective with a wheelset.

And yes there customer service is great, they just need more service center around and not just in one place in the US
BMC TMR01
Niner Air 9 RDO

Ronin416

by Ronin416

MC356 wrote:
Ronin416 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:52 pm
mvnsnd wrote:
MC356 wrote:

I still don't know what the problem is or was. I sent the wheels back to winspace so they can looking into the problem. I didn't spend $1000 to play detective with a wheelset.

And yes there customer service is great, they just need more service center around and not just in one place in the US
Why’s that matter if you’re just shipping them? It’s just a few bucks difference, it’s not like you actually expect to go to the location. Not even the high end brands have service centers?

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I just posted a set of Hyper 38 clinchers rim brake for sale if anyone is interested.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

What's are the thoughts on the hubs used in the Hypers? Are the as good as Extralite? DT Swiss? Or are the more like Bitex or Novatec?
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

extrusionedwin wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:19 am
Thanks for the sharing, it is very lucky to you for the refund, in the other way, they got you a enduser feedback, may be in the future will take more seriously the QC before to ship any carbonwheels, and make more better for the warranty and afters services, my friend has Corima carbonwheels, got in Jan,2020 , just use 3 months and he had problems with the spokes, So He send to France to fix the probem, until now, over one year and half, no news from Corima. So the top brand have a good customer services?? I doubt it, so maybe they are the top brands, but if Corima can't push effort in the customer service and listen to the bikers. I will loss confindent in the top level carbonwheels and make more attention which brand's can support a faster customer services, the carbonwheels are consume parts where needs to pay 100% attention !!!
My local distributor told me that Corima hasn't fulfilled a single wheelset order for over a year now. Their factory got hit hard by the general barbarism going on in France.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Mocs123 wrote:What's are the thoughts on the hubs used in the Hypers? Are the as good as Extralite? DT Swiss? Or are the more like Bitex or Novatec?
What’s your definition of “good”. Their ratchet system is a 6 paw system, easily serviced and the hubs utilize 6804/6803 bearings which are larger and can handle contamination a lot easier, plus readily available replacements are easy to find from Enduro, SKF, etc.

They well made and aren’t superlight, as the weight savings are in the spokes 2.6g (1.4grams savings vs CX-Ray.)

If you want something loud like a Chris King or upgrade DT hub this ain’t it. But if you’re looking for a reliable stout system that works. This checks the boxes.

Mocs123

by Mocs123

Ronin416 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:00 am
Mocs123 wrote:What's are the thoughts on the hubs used in the Hypers? Are the as good as Extralite? DT Swiss? Or are the more like Bitex or Novatec?
What’s your definition of “good”. Their ratchet system is a 6 paw system, easily serviced and the hubs utilize 6804/6803 bearings which are larger and can handle contamination a lot easier, plus readily available replacements are easy to find from Enduro, SKF, etc.

They well made and aren’t superlight, as the weight savings are in the spokes 2.6g (1.4grams savings vs CX-Ray.)

If you want something loud like a Chris King or upgrade DT hub this ain’t it. But if you’re looking for a reliable stout system that works. This checks the boxes.

I'm wanting something reliable, serviceable (since they are integral to the wheel due to the spokes) and fast - personally I don't care if they are quiet like Onyx or loud like Chris King.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Mocs123 wrote:
Ronin416 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:00 am

I'm wanting something reliable, serviceable (since they are integral to the wheel due to the spokes) and fast - personally I don't care if they are quiet like Onyx or loud like Chris King.
I’ve put thousands of miles on the following brands, Roval (DTSwiss), White Industries, Bitex and now Winspace - never had an issue with any of them, front or rear. The only time I replaced bearings was the when I had put over 10,000 miles on my Rolf’s, even then it was more preventative than absolutely necessary. I have over 5,000 on the Winspace, but I’d like to hear how they faired in wet conditions and high mileage.

extrusionedwin

by extrusionedwin

The last two weeks I had test the Roval CLX Alpinist 32 with DT 240 hub. I can say the roval wheels are very good for climb, but the stiffness is not enough, sometimes during the ride, I feel like a loss my power cadence, it's feel like a relax ride, the power cadence are not too faster, and the balance for the cadence because the stiffness, it seems match better with high stifness bikes like BMC, and for the Hyper, the weigth is 100 grams more, but the stiffeness are more clear, it feels a faster reaction in the cadence... Maybe I'm wrong, but this feel are very great for me, I like the sensitive of stiffness are more directly....

Ronin416

by Ronin416

extrusionedwin wrote:The last two weeks I had test the Roval CLX Alpinist 32 with DT 240 hub. I can say the roval wheels are very good for climb, but the stiffness is not enough, sometimes during the ride, I feel like a loss my power cadence, it's feel like a relax ride, the power cadence are not too faster, and the balance for the cadence because the stiffness, it seems match better with high stifness bikes like BMC, and for the Hyper, the weigth is 100 grams more, but the stiffeness are more clear, it feels a faster reaction in the cadence... Maybe I'm wrong, but this feel are very great for me, I like the sensitive of stiffness are more directly....
You’re not wrong the Winspace is one of the stiffest wheels on the market.

https://youtu.be/Y3qLeHYmZMk

SixThirteen

by SixThirteen

In case anyone wonders about braking performance on big descents, I did a couple of 1300m twisty descents getting to over 70 kph (that's quite good for me!) on the straighter bits, and having to slow for switch backs. No issues at all, another than a slight squeel when hard braking.
Scott Foil RC10 Ultegra 12 speed / Creston 50 - 7.9Kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com