Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
cloud9blue

by cloud9blue

hotcamel wrote:
brumbar wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 am
hotcamel wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:19 am
I
In summary:
- They are fast
- They are light
- They are stiff
- Wind is noticeable but not scary
- The brakes aren't very good
Looking closer at pictures your share, brake pads are not set correcly - especcialy front pads -they are way too off.
Thanks for spotting this. I've made multiple tweaks to the brakes since I posted those first pics and they are quite a bit better.

Still not the same as my old fulcrums but now feel much safer.

I'd say they feel like they offer about 70-80% of the brake power now whereas before it get more like 30-50%.
Try changing out your cables to compression less cables like Jagwire Pro. I personally find these wheels brake (on sram 11s etap rim brakes) as well as my gravel bike with SRAM Red AXS hydraulic brakes in dry condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

botacalor

by botacalor

rlanger wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:24 am
GewichtsWiener wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:58 pm
Hi guys,
I am thinking about buying the Winspace Hyper 50 mm rim wheels.
What brake pads are best used with them?
Thanks
The pads they come with. Really.
Where we can find these pads aftermaket?

cloud9blue

by cloud9blue

Anyone tried to remove the decals on these wheels? Having three logos on each side of a wheel is a bit much for me.

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

cloud9blue wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:36 pm
Anyone tried to remove the decals on these wheels? Having three logos on each side of a wheel is a bit much for me.
The first gen were stickers you could peel off (with a bit of elbow grease) the latest ones (from ~September 2020 onwards) are water transfer decals that can't easily be removed. (Obviously everything can be removed with enough power tools.)

cloud9blue

by cloud9blue

ChinaCycling wrote:
cloud9blue wrote:
The first gen were stickers you could peel off (with a bit of elbow grease) the latest ones (from ~September 2020 onwards) are water transfer decals that can't easily be removed. (Obviously everything can be removed with enough power tools.)
Bummer. I got the water transfer decals. I was thinking of leaving only the logo opposite of the valve stem for a more understated look. Oh well. I am definitely not brave enough to bring out the sandpaper for this.

ChinaCycling

by ChinaCycling

cloud9blue wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:21 am
ChinaCycling wrote:
cloud9blue wrote:
Bummer. I got the water transfer decals. I was thinking of leaving only the logo opposite of the valve stem for a more understated look. Oh well. I am definitely not brave enough to bring out the sandpaper for this.

Nice bike. Looks like one of your tires is on the wrong way though?

Voss27

by Voss27

Nice bike, and yes your rear tire is on backwards :) The little triangles should be facing the same as a sharks fin.

Joe, so there is no chance to order a set of wheels with only 1 Hyper decal? You guys don't do individual orders like that? Any estimate when the 38mm rim Hypers will be back in stock?

cloud9blue

by cloud9blue

Lol yes, I know. I put it on that way since that's how you typically arrange the tread pattern on motorcycles, that way the driving wheel pushes the water out from the center of the tire instead of in. front wheel is not driven, so the forces on the tread are working the other way around. But I bet it doesn't really matter. Road bike tires are so skinny and the typical speed is low enough that hydroplaning is unlikely.

Voss27

by Voss27

The grooves in the GP4000 and the GP5000 tires are not for repelling water, they are there for aerodynamic benefit, keeping the boundry layer attached onto the sidewall of the tire for longer. It's no accident that the GP4000 and now GP5000 are the best performing tires in windtunnel tests, even if the benefit it tiny 1-2W.

Gwcman

by Gwcman

Well, finally got the GP5000's on the wheels & on the bike for tomorrow's maiden ride here in Toronto. Was a little tight getting the clincher 5000's on but nothing that letting them soften up in the sunlight in the kitchen couldn't take care off, was able to do it with my bare hands, no tools or levers. After these tires I may make the transition to tubeless.
Here's a quick photo, was just driving back from friends place with the bike & decided to stop since it was completed & the sun was out. I messed up putting on the rear tire as I was distracted so didn't line up the logos up the way I would've liked GRRRR but got it right on the front :noidea: Was too lazy to remove & reinstall. Looking forward to the big ride tomorrow 8)
Attachments
50mm Hyper Pinarello.jpg

Veto

by Veto

Do these come with spare spokes?

jmechy

by jmechy

Veto wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:49 pm
They come with one spare of each size. You can also talk to the chat support to buy more extra spokes if you want them.

Veto

by Veto

jmechy wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:19 pm
Veto wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:49 pm
They come with one spare of each size. You can also talk to the chat support to buy more extra spokes if you want them.
Thanks, that's good to know. Looks like they are out of stock though. Really liked the 50mm rim brake ones.

rlanger

by rlanger

botacalor wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:04 pm
rlanger wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:24 am
GewichtsWiener wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:58 pm
Hi guys,
I am thinking about buying the Winspace Hyper 50 mm rim wheels.
What brake pads are best used with them?
Thanks
The pads they come with. Really.
Where we can find these pads aftermaket?
No idea, but Winspace should really offer them as an accessory.

I have over 5000km on mine with more than 50,000m of descending and there's still life left in them.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Ordered the Hyper 38 rim brake set today.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com