Winspace Hyper

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
MariusRO

by MariusRO

Shokster65 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:57 am
Leave the base product as is but offer upgrades and replacement parts would help develop their brand.
Like a DTSwiss 180 or 240 EXP upgrade :)

striderhnd

by striderhnd

MariusRO wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:37 pm
Shokster65 wrote:
Leave the base product as is but offer upgrades and replacement parts would help develop their brand.
I do pay for a Hyper 50mm version with a DT Swiss 180 with carbon spokes 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Are there carbon spokes that fit standard hubs like a dt180?

To my knowledge there aren't. Hmm... what are they called?

Boboboss

by Boboboss

Arno1 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:42 pm
Express delivery for France (13 days) and customs duty (a little less than 50 euros)
I also have a pair of Winspace wheels coming and I chose XDB shipping specifically because they said it was a tax pre-paid shippin option for EU countries (I'm in Hungary). Isn't this the case in France? How come you had to pay extra import duties in France?

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

MariusRO wrote:
Shokster65 wrote:
That would be awesomee

I wonder what hub would fit the oringinal spokes besides the winspace hub

Arno1

by Arno1

Boboboss wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:02 pm
Arno1 wrote:
Express delivery for France (13 days) and customs duty (a little less than 50 euros)
I also have a pair of Winspace wheels coming and I chose XDB shipping specifically because they said it was a tax pre-paid shippin option for EU countries (I'm in Hungary). Isn't this the case in France? How come you had to pay extra import duties in France?
It was FEDEX who sent me an email with an amount to be paid (52 euros). Maybe if I had not paid these tax, I would still have received these wheels but later. You may know that you can get a reduction on the price of the wheels (10%) thanks to several Youtubers (Peak torque, Charles Quimet, etc.). In the end, it remains a good deal. Contact Winspace to establish the invoice.

Boboboss

by Boboboss

Arno1 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:54 am
Boboboss wrote:
Arno1 wrote:
It was FEDEX who sent me an email with an amount to be paid (52 euros). Maybe if I had not paid these tax, I would still have received these wheels but later. You may know that you can get a reduction on the price of the wheels (10%) thanks to several Youtubers (Peak torque, Charles Quimet, etc.). In the end, it remains a good deal. Contact Winspace to establish the invoice.
Thanks! Mines are going to be delivered by DPD, I already received a text from them. I'm curious if I have to pay anything upon arrival. I ordered it with the 10% discount as well. $628 was really hard to beat. I was looking at ICAN and Farsports wheels too but with this proposed tax-free shipping and discounts it was significantly cheaper, even if I ordered it from a European warehouse of one of the big Chinese wheelmakers.

Sbassios

by Sbassios

Boboboss wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:21 pm
Arno1 wrote:
Boboboss wrote:
Arno1 wrote:
Thanks! Mines are going to be delivered by DPD, I already received a text from them. I'm curious if I have to pay anything upon arrival. I ordered it with the 10% discount as well. $628 was really hard to beat. I was looking at ICAN and Farsports wheels too but with this proposed tax-free shipping and discounts it was significantly cheaper, even if I ordered it from a European warehouse of one of the big Chinese wheelmakers.
628$?how?1100 -10% discount=990$

Boboboss

by Boboboss

Sbassios wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:32 pm
Boboboss wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:21 pm
Arno1 wrote:
Boboboss wrote:

628$?how?1100 -10% discount=990$
Apologies, I forgot to mention I bought the 45mm Lúns, not the Hypers! They should arrive some time this week.

Neocat

by Neocat

Boboboss wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:26 am

Apologies, I forgot to mention I bought the 45mm Lúns, not the Hypers! They should arrive some time this week.
LOL. Am curious how the Luns compare. Anyone tried both of them?

dacian

by dacian

Neocat wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:53 am
Boboboss wrote:

Our friend Charles Quimet did it. Bottom line is that Lun are faster than Hyper :D . He avoided to state that very clear, but somehow he let that slip to us if we know how to read between the lines. There is the youtube https://youtu.be/wOiMvuqnnNE

Boboboss

by Boboboss

dacian wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:19 pm
Neocat wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:53 am
Boboboss wrote:

Our friend Charles Quimet did it. Bottom line is that Lun are faster than Hyper :D . He avoided to state that very clear, but somehow he let that slip to us if we know how to read between the lines. There is the youtube https://youtu.be/wOiMvuqnnNE
Of course he can't say that when he has a sponsorship deal with Winspace. I saw that Youtube video too and it was very curious how he let it slip. Maybe that's why he's been putting off that Lún review video and does bs instead like letting her gf ride on them then say nothing about the wheels themselves. I wonder if the Lúns are also free from the spoke rub issue that some Hypers have because they have a simpler hub design that make them slightly less stiff apparently compared to the Hypers.

I wouldn't mind watching a 45min long TraceVelo or PeakTorque video comparing the two, although I didn't buy the Lúns because they may or may not be better, I just bought them because I'm too poor to buy a pair of Hypers. :D

HenryH

by HenryH

Is the spoke rub issue real?

Letting it slip? I can't exactly remember, but isn't he showing the Strava times? Kind of difficult to "hide" the performance then?

I'm not sure if there is a big test anywhere of wheels? Hambini has his of course. At 30 kmh disregarding the Hunt wheels which are much worse than the rest then all the 50mm wheels are within 3 watts of each other.

What happens in real life if the tire you mount is 2mm wider than the other - even from the same manufacturer etc.?

I can't know of course, then again I don't think anyone can say, but I would not worry about buying the "regular" Lun's instead of the Hyper in terms of power required to reach a certain speed.

dacian

by dacian

HenryH wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Letting it slip? I can't exactly remember, but isn't he showing the Strava times? Kind of difficult to "hide" the performance then?

I'm not sure if there is a big test anywhere of wheels? Hambini has his of course. At 30 kmh disregarding the Hunt wheels which are much worse than the rest then all the 50mm wheels are within 3 watts of each other.

What happens in real life if the tire you mount is 2mm wider than the other - even from the same manufacturer etc.?

I can't know of course, then again I don't think anyone can say, but I would not worry about buying the "regular" Lun's instead of the Hyper in terms of power required to reach a certain speed.
Just fyi, the Hunt wheels that Hambini "destroyed" have the exact same shaped rim as the Hyper, check previous posts here, Hunt sells now the same fillament like rim as hyper with the same shape (rounded V). And you are right, no hesitations needed if you would choose Lun instead Hyper

HenryH

by HenryH

dacian wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:30 pm
HenryH wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:00 pm

Just fyi, the Hunt wheels that Hambini "destroyed" have the exact same shaped rim as the Hyper, check previous posts here, Hunt sells now the same fillament like rim as hyper with the same shape (rounded V). And you are right, no hesitations needed if you would choose Lun instead Hyper
I am assuming the Hunt 50mm wheels from 2018 are not exactly the same as Hyper 2020? Would be a good question to ask him I guess.

Even if they were the same I would have no idea as to how much one wheelset would vary with another wheelset from the same OEM. And you would potentially get into the same issues as to the size of the tire mounted. The same tire might not be the same tire - basically.

Too much is made of this - as in which wheels are "good" and "bad" - in my opinion - because there clearly is not an open discussion going on as to how to best test wheels and how to interpret data. I wish someone would have the "&%"#% to take a bunch of wheels, detail the protocol and make the results public (Hambini is the closest we got I guess - maybe Tour has done something? Others that I don't know about?). Then I am sure there would be a discussion about how good the protocol used is etc. - but at least then we might be able to get to a point one time in the future where consumers might make informed decisions about which wheels to get. To read another test done by some random 43 year old cyclist saying that the wheels "feel" "fast" and "responsive" gives me nothing. So utter pointless.

Even the manufacturers hardly even say how they know that their new generation of wheels is better than the previous generation. Would Winspace make a claim regarding the Hyper vs Lun? Even if during a certain way of testing they probably wouldn't want people to know that the theoretical saving is 2.3 watts?

I still love my Hypers and if I had a girlfriend with a road bike I would definitely buy her some Luns :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com