Interesting wheels...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rides4beer

by rides4beer

I still want a set of these, reminds me of my old bmx wheels. 1450g w/DT350 hubs, not too bad. Disc only, 22mm internal.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

They look cool. If they're made well they can be very light and still be strong. The question is how they are on the inside.

I remember seeing a video about Koenigsegg wheels that look a bit similar. Hollow tube construction.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

This is a picture I came across on the EIE Carbon homepage. They show a customer picture for their AR25TC25 rims. Looks pretty neat and they're supposedly 310gr clincher rims. :thumbup:

At first I didn't notice it until I looked a bit closer.

The front wheel is laced differently on each side, and it isn't a disc brake. Hmm... :shock:

I haven't seen short black valve stems before. I guess the wheels must be run tubeless then, right? The tires don't remind me of tubeless tires though. Continental classic...
Attachments
4d11e170715ecf20d37c78d626cfc413.jpg

xav

by xav

alcatraz wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:12 pm
This is a picture I came across on the EIE Carbon homepage. They show a customer picture for their AR25TC25 rims. Looks pretty neat and they're supposedly 310gr clincher rims. :thumbup:

At first I didn't notice it until I looked a bit closer.

The front wheel is laced differently on each side, and it isn't a disc brake. Hmm... :shock:

I haven't seen short black valve stems before. I guess the wheels must be run tubeless then, right? The tires don't remind me of tubeless tires though. Continental classic...
Vittoria latex, Revoloop, Schwalbe Aerothan all have black valves

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Cool! Thanks :thumbup: