Stability/handling in crosswind: Roval CL 50 or Campagnolo Bora WTO 45

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vivo3d

by Vivo3d

Just bought the WTO for Campagnolo but I have the Sram red etap axs :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

same here, and I got Shimano brake rotors :)
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

guadzilla

by guadzilla

Vivo3d wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:31 pm
Yeah, I'm very curious to try the RapidAir - I'm already using the Vittoria Corsa 2.0 and I REALLY like them a lot. The grip is amazing and the cornering is insane (I train a lot fixed and without brakes for racing) - it gives so much confidence. BUT the fact they are made out of cotton, is really a big pain when used tubeless. Maybe it has to do with the sealant I'm using but Vittoria Corsa + Orange Seal + Milkit Valve = I have to check the tyre and inflate before every ride.
+1 to CL50s and RapidAir - that's the combo i have on my R5.

Turbo Cottons are a nice choice as well (I have them on Venge with the CLX64s), if you dont care about tubeless.

ROBFLYNN

by ROBFLYNN

Vivo3d wrote:Hi guys, I'm looking for a set of wheels for my 2019 Venge. I'm between the CL 50 and the Bora WTO 45. I'm based in Berlin so most of my training/riding is flat or with just easy climbs. When I do intervalls, I do them on the old airport and who nose the place, knows it is always winfy. Which of the two is the most stable in crosswind of about 30-40 km/h? With my 75kg I'm no feather but also no heavyweight. I will ride them tubelet and undecided between Vittoria Corsa or the Specialized rapidair

Thanks
@Vivo3d could you please show me some pics of the venge with the WTOs i have just bought a new venge pro and i have to decide if i keep the rovals cl50 or change them for the WTOs 45.

I love the WTOs but perhaps they have little profile for the venge? I can't find any pic of a venge with wtos 45.

Thank you very much for your help.

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

heliuscc

by heliuscc

Imaking20 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:29 am
Definitely disagree with the assessment of Reynolds not spinning up quickly. I'd say they're the most responsive spoked (and is not bonded carbon) wheels I've ridden. That is specific to some rim tubulars I had - but even heavier clinchers I've owned belie their actual weight. Loads better than pretty much anything from Enve.
My Reynolds AR41X are the fastest coasting wheels I've ever had.

Vivo3d

by Vivo3d

@Robfynn sorry, only got this one at the moment seen that I don't ride it outside during the winter. I think the 45 look fine, but then again I understand what you mean and that is why I might pick up some WTO 60 for the Venge. But the 45 are awesome and I have no issues riding them with strong crosswinds
Attachments
PXL_20201222_093437574.jpg