Parcours Strade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SteveE

by SteveE

M4lukz wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:04 pm
SteveE wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:25 am
Neillp wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:23 pm
SteveE wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 pm
I'm running the Stradas on my Scott. Currently got 28mm Schwalbe Ones fitted, they actually measure 32mm. I want to change to GP5000, does anyone have these fitted 25mm or 28mm and can tell me how wide the blow to on the Stradas please?
Just checked mine 28mm GP5000 on my Strade, they come up at 29.5mn
Great thanks for the info.
how do the current setup (schwalbe) feels like? Looking for a set of wheels, can't decide on which ones
Not really ridden them, only a few km. They seem fine although I've just ordered some 28mm GP5000 Transparents which I'll fit today, so I'll never really know what the Schwalbe would have been like. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SteveE

by SteveE

pmprego wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:22 pm
M4lukz wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:38 pm
Anyone has the wheelset and can show the freehub sound check? :D
They are very quiet. There is a "normal guy" review on YouTube with one of them.
I agree they are almost strangely silent. Maybe this means they've got too much grease in them?

BenScott144

by BenScott144

I have the chrono wheels, not sure if it's different or same hub to the strade but it's very quiet :)

M4lukz

by M4lukz

BenScott144 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:36 pm
I have the chrono wheels, not sure if it's different or same hub to the strade but it's very quiet :)
mind giving us a "propper" freehub sound check? :beerchug:

BenScott144

by BenScott144

M4lukz wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:50 pm
BenScott144 wrote:
I don't have a disc bike to put them on right now, sorry! Maybe in a few months when frames eventually come back in stock

M4lukz

by M4lukz

BenScott144 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:47 pm
M4lukz wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:50 pm
BenScott144 wrote:
I don't have a disc bike to put them on right now, sorry! Maybe in a few months when frames eventually come back in stock
fair enough :beerchug:

Neillp

by Neillp

Quick update of my Strade wheels as I now have about 500 miles on them.
The hubs are still very quiet (pedestrians don't hear you coming).
Really good in cross winds I don't even have to think about and they look the dog's bollox!
Attachments
F729CF8C-1027-49E6-B3EA-F80CE6675A32.jpeg

pmprego

by pmprego

Neillp wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 pm
Really good in cross winds I don't even have to think about and they look the dog's bollox!
Not riding them tubeless based on the front wheel tubolito, no? Personal choice?

And what is that thing on the rear valve?

Neillp

by Neillp

pmprego wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:02 pm
Neillp wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 pm
Not riding them tubeless based on the front wheel tubolito, no? Personal choice?

And what is that thing on the rear valve?
Yes can't be bothered with tubeless, front is running a tubolito which will be switched to a silca latex like the rear when I next get a puncture

M4lukz

by M4lukz

Looks like a new Wheelset has been launched, https://eu.parcours.cc/products/ronde and a 50€/50£ price increase across all wheelsets... outside UK shipping still subject to specific country taxes

parcourswheels

by parcourswheels

M4lukz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:14 am
Looks like a new Wheelset has been launched, https://eu.parcours.cc/products/ronde and a 50€/50£ price increase across all wheelsets... outside UK shipping still subject to specific country taxes
We're really excited about this one. It's been "interesting" trying to get a product launched in covid times for sure!

There is a small price increase to the Strade, but we're now including a tubeless kit and a lifetime warranty on the new Ronde, the Strade and our Alta gravel wheelsets.

M4lukz

by M4lukz

parcourswheels wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:27 am
M4lukz wrote:
We're really excited about this one. It's been "interesting" trying to get a product launched in covid times for sure!

There is a small price increase to the Strade, but we're now including a tubeless kit and a lifetime warranty on the new Ronde, the Strade and our Alta gravel wheelsets.
didn't notice that on the price increase, but that's really good to hear!
Regarding the outside UK purchases, everyone's still subject to each country VAT and taxes, right? Your wheels are very nicely priced, but if I'm gonna be charged extra for the import VAT, that puts the wheelset on a completely different price range, which makes me hover towards another options...

pmprego

by pmprego

M4lukz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 am
parcourswheels wrote:
M4lukz wrote:

Regarding the outside UK purchases, everyone's still subject to each country VAT and taxes, right? Your wheels are very nicely priced, but if I'm gonna be charged extra for the import VAT, that puts the wheelset on a completely different price range, which makes me hover towards another options...
Unfortunately, you're correct. It's around a 30% price increase here in Portugal... :( :(

pmprego

by pmprego

parcourswheels wrote:
M4lukz wrote:

Any reason why not going hookless? It would be nice to see a discussion from someone that has manufacturing knowledge really talking about this topic.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

parcourswheels

by parcourswheels

M4lukz wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 am
Unfortunately that is one of the consequences of Brexit. We have looked at options including EU warehousing, but at this stage in our growth it's not quite practical yet. If you compare the EU (€) pricing to UK (£), we've tried to keep the gap as small as possible, but with the additional logistics costs of UK to EU shipping there is still a difference when you include the import costs.

I don't think we're alone in this challenge within the bike industry, although more often than not it's EU brands importing into the UK that are impacted.