Rear hub manufacturers. are there any interchangeable freehub bodies between brands?

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
Catagory6

by Catagory6

specifically and for instance, can a White Industries T11 freehub body fit on a Campagnolo rear hub shell?

thanks

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

no. If you took both apart you would see why. I would adivse you do this as you wont understand why unless you do. Yopu can buy Shimano splined freehub for Campagnolo hubs.

The parts are normally FH-BUU015X1 or FH-BO015X. older Campagnolo hubs can use different freehubs but there is normally a modern equivlent.

by Weenie

Catagory6

by Catagory6

bm0p700f wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:40 pm
no. If you took both apart you would see why. I would adivse you do this as you wont understand why unless you do. Yopu can buy Shimano splined freehub for Campagnolo hubs.

The parts are normally FH-BUU015X1 or FH-BO015X. older Campagnolo hubs can use different freehubs but there is normally a modern equivlent.
challenge accepted

joejack951

by joejack951

At least with Shimano, freehubs aren't always compatible from hub to hub within the brand (low to high end, MTB to road). 10 to 11 speed freehub swaps are impossible as they changed the interface.

Miller

by Miller

Novatec freehubs work with a variety of wheel vendors who have used a Novatec hub design. This might be the nearest thing to a standard in the very unstandardised field of rear hub design.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Many manufacturers use DT Swiss 240 internals for their high-end hubs. Bontrager (Trek) and Roval (Specialized) come to mind. I'm not sure who else uses their internals, but I'm sure they aren't the only ones.
Madone 9 - https://bit.ly/2Nqedbn
Emonda SLR - https://bit.ly/2UK5FP8
Crockett - https://bit.ly/2Xem4sk

Madone 5, Cobia. I own a lot of Treks.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

read the specific question the op asked freehub kn campagnolo rear wheel.

What has Novatecor dt swiss go to with this question.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

bm0p700f wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:46 pm
read the specific question the op asked freehub kn campagnolo rear wheel.

What has Novatecor dt swiss go to with this question.
Gonna guess here because the title of the thread was a general question but there was a specific question hidden within. So they were answering the general question, I'm assuming they didn't have the info to answer the specific question. No reason to post this crap for the sole purpose of being a dick.

@Catagory6
To the general question... a lot of manufactures re-brand other companies hubs to in house brands. DT Swiss and Novatech are really popular ones so you'll see a lot of OEM brands like Bontrager, Roval, etc use the same freehub (frequenly DT). 3rd party brands can be a bit more of a mixed bag, but unless they are a big brand like Shimano, Mavic, Fulcrum (Campagnolo), they probably are using DT, Novatech or Formula hubs and have interchangeable parts. The trick is figuring out which hub it is, because they are not often very forthcoming with that info.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I dont know how you read my post as being a dick. I posed a simple question with a statement about the ops post. Your reply is to get defensive and lash out in defense.

If o e answers the title without reading the post then what exactly is the point of writing a post. I'm am not being a dick here. Of we cant cant express our opinions without name calling then the forum itself looses its point.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I'd look to see what the ID of the bearings the freehub uses. In some cases you can. You'll note there are a lot of similar looking freehubs on the market. I think 17mm, 15mm, and 9mm are common rear axle sizes.

I think the white is 15mm, so you'd need Campy rear hub that also uses a 15mm axle to start. Then the pawl setup would need to match.

Catagory6

by Catagory6

hey hey... no fighting in my threads allowed!
only bitching about black, dropped seatstay, internally routed, electronic shifting production carbon fiber bicycles!
fudge sake, i miss the 80s

i knew the dude's point about off-branded hubs using DT 240 internals

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

No there is no other freehub other than a white industries that fits there hub and functions as it should.

If other brands of freehub fit and work with a hub it's because the manufacturer is the same. I.e it not a different freehub. Dt swiss make hubs for a variety of manufactures so there freehub fit other hub which are actually dt swiss. Some dt swiss made hub though use proprietary freehub made only for that brand by dt swiss.

There is no interchanagability between manufacturers.

by Weenie