Best Tubeless tires for 2020?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Andrew69

by Andrew69

An update for anyone considering the Schwalbe Pro One TLE tyres

I recently replaced my rear tyre (not quite worn out but I got a large gash due to hitting something - didnt flat though - but thought it best to change it anyway)
Moved front tyre to rear wheel and installed new tyre on front wheel. Mounted by hand with some choice words, but managed to get it done without levers (DT Swiss ERC 1100 dicut). Sore fingers the next day though!
After installation of the new front tyre (easily seated bead with just a floor pump, but needed compressor for older tyre moved to rear), I checked for sidewall leaks before using sealant and found none anywhere.
Im not sure if the earlier tyres had a manufacturing issue or if Schwalbe has addressed the problem, but the new tyre holds air perfectly well.
I now only check my tyre pressure a couple of times per week rather than before every ride (not that it every bothered me)

Tyre still rides fantastically well and I really like the feel and grip.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vinny

by vinny

Andrew69 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:11 am

I recently replaced my rear tyre (not quite worn out but I got a large gash due to hitting something - didnt flat though - but thought it best to change it anyway)
Moved front tyre to rear wheel and installed new tyre on front wheel. Mounted by hand with some choice words, but managed to get it done without levers (DT Swiss ERC 1100 dicut). Sore fingers the next day though!
After installation of the new front tyre (easily seated bead with just a floor pump, but needed compressor for older tyre moved to rear), I checked for sidewall leaks before using sealant and found none anywhere.
Im not sure if the earlier tyres had a manufacturing issue or if Schwalbe has addressed the problem, but the new tyre holds air perfectly well.
I now only check my tyre pressure a couple of times per week rather than before every ride (not that it every bothered me)

Last week i got a large gash by the bead on my rear also. I think the gash was there for quite a while, the rear was always loosing a bit of air every day.
I ended up replacing the rear with a specialized turbo. When the tires wear again will probably try the Schwalbes again.

I am just wondering if it was some sort of manufacturing issue.

HansZuDemFranz

by HansZuDemFranz

Andrew69 wrote:

Are the new ones the "Superrace"? Or is this a completely different tyre?

Andrew69

by Andrew69

HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 pm
Andrew69 wrote:

I had to google superrace as I hadnt heard that term before and it turns out that superrace is what Schwalbe call the construction of the Pro One TLE tyre, so yes, it is the same tyre.
Having said that, the Pro One TT tyre also uses the same superrace construction...just to confuse things a little :noidea:

HansZuDemFranz

by HansZuDemFranz

Andrew69 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 am
HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 pm
Andrew69 wrote:

I had to google superrace as I hadnt heard that term before and it turns out that superrace is what Schwalbe call the construction of the Pro One TLE tyre, so yes, it is the same tyre.
Having said that, the Pro One TT tyre also uses the same superrace construction...just to confuse things a little :noidea:
Ah I see. But the good thing is, that we now have a new option, when it comes to tanwall TL tyres. I think before they started to call them superrace, the only tyre that came in a tan option, was the TT.

hemppa3000

by hemppa3000

HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 am
Ah I see. But the good thing is, that we now have a new option, when it comes to tanwall TL tyres. I think before they started to call them superrace, the only tyre that came in a tan option, was the TT.
Is this really a Pro One tanwall / "classic skin" and not a "transparent"? If so where can i buy them?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Lmao, American Classic's new tires smell so very bad. It's not a huge deal, but they definitely smell like a certain something. Interested to hear other people's thoughts on what that odor reminds them of.

kervelo

by kervelo

hemppa3000 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am
HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Is this really a Pro One tanwall / "classic skin" and not a "transparent"? If so where can i buy them?
I have purchased my tyres from mantel. Unfortunately only 25 mm available now.
https://www.mantel.com/fi/schwalbe-pro- ... ifications

hemppa3000

by hemppa3000

kervelo wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:16 am
hemppa3000 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:06 am
HansZuDemFranz wrote:
I have purchased my tyres from mantel. Unfortunately only 25 mm available now.
https://www.mantel.com/fi/schwalbe-pro- ... ifications
Thanks, but I'm still sceptical :D Picture on website is the same as everywhere else where they sell this reddish colour "tanwall/transparent". Is this really closer to yellow than red? I'm looking for yellowish true skinwall.

For comparison Pro one tle transparent:
vs. Pro one tt tle skinwall:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

hemppa3000 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:51 am

Thanks, but I'm still sceptical :D Picture on website is the same as everywhere else where they sell this reddish colour "tanwall/transparent". Is this really closer to yellow than red? I'm looking for yellowish true skinwall.

The Pro One will be the darker brown. The Pro One TT in the real world won't even be as yellow as the picture you've embedded. They're an orangish-brownish-yellow.

This is what Pro One TTs actually look like after some use.
Attachments
pro-one-tt.png

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Is that you Tobin? If so super pimped out socks

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

Im thinking to try vittora corsa tlr even im hearing nightmares about the installation

inean

by inean

Mcdeez wrote:Im thinking to try vittora corsa tlr even im hearing nightmares about the installation
No way. It's a puncture festival. Tired of remove sealant form bike frame last summer Image

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

They look soo gooood aha

Or pirelli pzero race tlr?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

Pirelli Pzero TLR is the best, I've got a 26mm set on my low level set, they're good en true size. I got a set of mavic yksion pro ust ii on my carbon set in 28mm. They blow up with 21 internal to 30,5mm. A bit too narrow for my frame but ill ride them anyway. Got a fresh set of 28mm pirelli's already ready. Pick them up when they have some discount because €60,- per tire is a bit much imo...