Best Tubeless tires for 2020?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

inean

by inean

MrRolandos wrote:Pirelli Pzero TLR is the best, I've got a 26mm set on my low level set, they're good en true size. I got a set of mavic yksion pro ust ii on my carbon set in 28mm. They blow up with 21 internal to 30,5mm. A bit too narrow for my frame but ill ride them anyway. Got a fresh set of 28mm pirelli's already ready. Pick them up when they have some discount because €60,- per tire is a bit much imo...
+1. Actually a TLR SL on front wheel. Perfect on Feders. Zero puncture. Easy to mount/unmount (GP5000 are a nightmare with my wheels).

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

inean

by inean

Mcdeez wrote:They look soo gooood aha

Or pirelli pzero race tlr?
Only if your are a pro and have a mechanic 24/7. Ride is fantastic IMHO, but problem is that at 5-5.5 bar sealant can't handle punctures properly, so you will end with a lot of patchs inside...

Mcdeez

by Mcdeez

inean wrote:

Only if your are a pro and have a mechanic 24/7. Ride is fantastic IMHO, but problem is that at 5-5.5 bar sealant can't handle punctures properly, so you will end with a lot of patchs inside...

Youre taking about corsas or pzero?

inean

by inean

Mcdeez wrote:
inean wrote:

Actually a Corsa 28mm rear, Pirelli Race 25mm TLR SL front. Next set to test will be Schwalbe when available (Not tried yet), but Pirelli is the way to go for me (except for the price ImageImageImage).

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Testing these out tomorrow, 29c that come up around 31.5mm, nice and chunky for the UK winter that's just round the corner :thumbup:
Attachments
1D54B9C9-C315-44AF-B20B-E1DB2820AD4F.jpeg
1DC918D1-BD6A-4A87-8D14-1A0321BCF556.jpeg
8E864DA3-BB09-4B76-985C-9492B17B624A.jpeg
E835B700-7A61-4368-99D3-1EB267756877.jpeg
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Aryeh

by Aryeh

ryanw wrote:Testing these out tomorrow, 29c that come up around 31.5mm, nice and chunky for the UK winter that's just round the corner Image
Nice looking tires. Let us know how it goes.

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

inean wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:13 pm
Mcdeez wrote:
inean wrote:

Actually a Corsa 28mm rear, Pirelli Race 25mm TLR SL front. Next set to test will be Schwalbe when available (Not tried yet), but Pirelli is the way to go for me (except for the price ImageImageImage).

I dont use the SL versions, just regular are the way to go. They cost usually around €60 but sometimes you can get a nice deal, I picked up 6 for €40 each. They mount very nice (As per usual with Pirelli) They seal really good and easy and keep pressure. Never have to pump them up. Even after 2-3 weeks they don't even lose pressure. Had a small puncture after 1500km and they sealed instantly. Perfect tire.

card0s

by card0s

ryanw wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:23 pm
Testing these out tomorrow, 29c that come up around 31.5mm, nice and chunky for the UK winter that's just round the corner :thumbup:
I have tubeless FMB's 26 on the front and 29 on the back.
I only have done under 100kms on them, they are very supple. Yesterday I went through some cobbles and I couldn't believe how smooth they were (compared to the 23's I was used too).
They hold air very well.
Only negative I have for the moment is the sealant (Stan's) leaking on the seams between the tanwall and the black rubber, nothing to bad though.

inean

by inean

MrRolandos wrote:
inean wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:13 pm
Mcdeez wrote:
inean wrote:Only if your are a pro and have a mechanic 24/7. Ride is fantastic IMHO, but problem is that at 5-5.5 bar sealant can't handle punctures properly, so you will end with a lot of patchs inside...

I dont use the SL versions, just regular are the way to go. They cost usually around €60 but sometimes you can get a nice deal, I picked up 6 for €40 each. They mount very nice (As per usual with Pirelli) They seal really good and easy and keep pressure. Never have to pump them up. Even after 2-3 weeks they don't even lose pressure. Had a small puncture after 1500km and they sealed instantly. Perfect tire.
Agree. I got SL because it was on offer for 40€ and it was targeted for the front wheel. Still usable after 5000km

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Update on my update for the Schwalbe Pro One TLE's

Due to work commitments, I havent been able to ride for a bit over two weeks until yesterday.
Pumped up tyres before my ride and was pleasently surprised to see the pressure at almost 40 psi (normally run 60/65 F/R) which I thought was pretty good after two weeks
So holding air is no longer a concern

George46GR

by George46GR

Hello, does anybody have experience with the Challenge Strada Pro HTLR 25 or 27 mm ?
2023 Cervelo S5, size 56, sapphire/ice

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

George46GR wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:19 pm
Hello, does anybody have experience with the Challenge Strada Pro HTLR 25 or 27 mm ?

I just mounted a pair tonight and will be riding them tomorrow.

1. They look really well made.
2. They are tough to mount. I had to pinch the tire on one side of the last portion of bead and then really work a tire lever hard to get it over the rim.
3. No luck inflating with just a floor pump. The bead is way, way too tight. My AirShot canister worked just fine though.
4. The 25mm version comes up around 25.4-25.5mm on 19mm internal width rims. The width was very consistent no matter where I measured.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I have them in 40c for my gravel bike and they are very well made. Not the lightest but feel super supple in hand.
They have a large surface area of tread too (small sidewalls), so you should be really able to lwan these in.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

George46GR

by George46GR

I wait for my Challenge Strada Pro HTLR 27mm to arrive next week. I consistently run Schwalbe Pro Ones Super Race TLE 25 mm (tubeless) on my Farsports Feder wheels (disk brake, 35mm deep, 19mm internal width). Very very pleased with the Schwalbe tyres in terms of suppleness, rolling resistance and pucture protection even in Greek roads which are always in very bad condition

Yet, I always liked tan tyres. The challenge tyres are famous for being very supple, so I deciced to give them a try at 27mm to be used in a brevet next Saturday. I hope not to regret bying them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

George46GR

by George46GR

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:57 am
George46GR wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:19 pm

I just mounted a pair tonight and will be riding them tomorrow.

1. They look really well made.
2. They are tough to mount. I had to pinch the tire on one side of the last portion of bead and then really work a tire lever hard to get it over the rim.
3. No luck inflating with just a floor pump. The bead is way, way too tight. My AirShot canister worked just fine though.
4. The 25mm version comes up around 25.4-25.5mm on 19mm internal width rims. The width was very consistent no matter where I measured.
I really look forward to hearing for your test ride review !!!