Best Tubeless tires for 2020?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bjarnetv

by bjarnetv

zaykay wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:30 pm
So are these new transparent sidewall Pro One's already tested for rolling resistance somewhere?
i'm pretty sure they are exactly the same as the regular pro one TLE - the sidewall is just cosmetics

Luca199

by Luca199

Hi,

Any advice on tubeless 25mm choice between:

- schwalbe pro one TLE Addix
- continental gp 5000 TL
- Goodyear eagle F1 TL

I'd like to go with the tan sidewall option, which would restrict the choice to either schwalbe or goodyear. Can't seem to find any stock for the schwalbe, and I've also read some mixed reviews about it where people have had issues with punctures (but rolling resistance is good).

Goodyear seems to have higher RR but better puncture protection than schwalbe, and I can also find some stock available.

Continental seems to have the better rolling resistance in this set, puncture protection is also good, but it's only in black colour and it can be very complicated to seat on my campagnolo wheels...

I don't want to consider vittoria corsa or any other brands, as they don't have the tan wall option and I'd go with continental go 5000 if I were to go with the black option.

Any thoughts between schwalbe and Goodyear? And compared to GP?

Thanks so much,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Luca199 wrote:Hi,

Any advice on tubeless 25mm choice between:

- schwalbe pro one TLE Addix
- continental gp 5000 TL
- Goodyear eagle F1 TL

I'd like to go with the tan sidewall option, which would restrict the choice to either schwalbe or goodyear. Can't seem to find any stock for the schwalbe, and I've also read some mixed reviews about it where people have had issues with punctures (but rolling resistance is good).

Goodyear seems to have higher RR but better puncture protection than schwalbe, and I can also find some stock available.

Continental seems to have the better rolling resistance in this set, puncture protection is also good, but it's only in black colour and it can be very complicated to seat on my campagnolo wheels...

I don't want to consider vittoria corsa or any other brands, as they don't have the tan wall option and I'd go with continental go 5000 if I were to go with the black option.

Any thoughts between schwalbe and Goodyear? And compared to GP?

Thanks so much,
I'm currently running the Schwalbe Pro One TLE in 28mm tan wall (more like brown) and I'm happy with them.
I'd be running GP5000TL if they had a tan version.

Luca199

by Luca199

Thanks! Where did you buy the schwalbe? They seem to be out of stock everywhere at the moment..

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Luca199 wrote:Thanks! Where did you buy the schwalbe? They seem to be out of stock everywhere at the moment..
Got them at Starbike but they do seem like they're out of stock now.
Another option might be ENVE SES tires, they have a tan wall option, but they have slightly higher RR. I ran those for a while.

Luca199

by Luca199

I'm considering the Goodyear eagle F1 tubeless, they are getting very positive reviews on a range of websites, might have a slightly higher RR than conti Gp 5000, but at least they look like a solid option, easy to set up, good puncture protection and air retention. Doesn't look bad at all, and of course they have the tan option.

Thanks anyway!

bjarnetv

by bjarnetv

I'm really happy with my Tan Pro one's - super smooth, and even after several rides filled with hazards like shattered glass and sharp gravel on the bikepaths, the tires still look brand new, with absolutely zero nicks or stuck debris.

They seem a lot more solid then the GP4season i have on my winter wheels, as they get punctured quite often by sharp gravel.

jencvo

by jencvo

Luca199 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:07 pm
I'm considering the Goodyear eagle F1 tubeless, they are getting very positive reviews on a range of websites, might have a slightly higher RR than conti Gp 5000, but at least they look like a solid option, easy to set up, good puncture protection and air retention. Doesn't look bad at all, and of course they have the tan option.

Thanks anyway!
Any idea what places sell those? Can't find any store that has tan ones in 25

Luca199

by Luca199

Found the last two units in tan 25mm on sigma sport two days ago. They now have only the black version as far as I know.

Aryeh

by Aryeh

jencvo wrote:
Luca199 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Thanks anyway!
Any idea what places sell those? Can't find any store that has tan ones in 25
https://www.modernbike.com/goodyear-eag ... -black-tan

MattMay

by MattMay

I’m really enjoying the Teravail Rampart tanwalls, 28mm for all around riding/training. 280g. Durable as heck as they’re rated allroad. Easy mount. Feel fast yet sturdy. $55 USD.

jlok

by jlok

What's the lightest 28mm TLR now?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

MattMay

by MattMay

^I’m guessing Schwalbe Pro One TT.

zero71

by zero71

Has anyone set up the Fulcrum Quattro Carbon DB tubeless? If so what tire did you use. I know Fulcrum don't officially support tubeless on this model. Living in Scotland, I don't think the Schwalbe Pro One TLE will cope with the poor weather, am considering the Eagle F1 and the P Zero TLR.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Set up fulcrum 40 db TL ...hutchinson tlr 28mm...worked well for first 3000km...then used tube...

Vittoria corsa control 28mm ...could not get these to be TL...so running conti race tubes...no complaints.....this combo is more compliant than the hutchinsons fusion storm tlr...just some ideas