Hunt limitless VS Roval CL 50

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
ajcav86

by ajcav86

I had the same thing! Didn't want to wait until Jan and lost a bit of faith in new tech from Hunt so as I ordered my wheels through a Specialized dealer I swapped them for some CLX 50s... they are lighter at least and as it is for a gravel bike and they are spec'd on the sworks Crux should be good!
Perdita- Burls Ti Road
Aurelia- Saffron Stainless/Carbon Gravel
Bertha - Trek Speedconcept
Jolene - Over kill winter bike

by Weenie

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Bike wise. I am worried for you!

pmprego

by pmprego

ajcav86 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 am
I had the same thing! Didn't want to wait until Jan and lost a bit of faith in new tech from Hunt so as I ordered my wheels through a Specialized dealer I swapped them for some CLX 50s... they are lighter at least and as it is for a gravel bike and they are spec'd on the sworks Crux should be good!
CLx 50s for gravel. That's some innovative thinking that you have there.

ajcav86

by ajcav86

Well they are spec'd as cross wheels, but will be more a winter road wheel as I have some 650bs with 47mms for proper gravel stuff. Bike is a stainless XCr/carbon bike being built by saffron frameworks so needed appropriately bling wheels 🤣
Perdita- Burls Ti Road

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

i cancelled my order a few weeks back after they missed the initial delivery date. they offered loaner wheels but i insisted on full refund.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:

romanmoser

by romanmoser

show your saffron @acjav86 please please ;)

ajcav86

by ajcav86

Get delivery end of November so will do a thread then. Also have a burls Ti road which I need to do a thread on when I get my kogel pulleys back.. I promise to get both up by Xmas with weights
Perdita- Burls Ti Road

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Hunt limitless have been recalled
Having rims much wider than the tyres was always a danger. Not sure how they will resolve this. Rim damage is always more likely. It like stretched tyre on cars for that euro look.

https://cyclingindustry.news/hunt-wheel ... sc-wheels/

pmprego

by pmprego

bm0p700f wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:39 pm
Hunt limitless have been recalled
Having rims much wider than the tyres was always a danger. Not sure how they will resolve this. Rim damage is always more likely. It like stretched tyre on cars for that euro look.

https://cyclingindustry.news/hunt-wheel ... sc-wheels/
I guess that's not the problem. As far as I've read, it's cannondale with their knot wheels in their aero bike that also have a wider rim than wheel.

I remember online reviews saying that was very weird seeing the tyre shallower than the rim but hey, it worked. Their words.

ajcav86

by ajcav86

romanmoser wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:52 pm
show your saffron @acjav86 please please ;)
Build pics on introduce yourself page called Aurelia
Perdita- Burls Ti Road