Page 2 of 2

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:30 pm
by captainolek
Ok si I've found the right axles: https://chrisking.com/products/r45d-fro ... 8499058733 and https://chrisking.com/products/part-hub ... xle-142x12 - can someone confirm these are the parts I need?

Can I swap them on the mounted wheelset? All the videos on Youtube show the swap being made on "naked" hubs. Just wondering if that's ok in terms of pressure on the hub when the axle is removed.

Thanks :)

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:30 pm
by Weenie

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm
by C36
spdntrxi wrote:DT hubs are no brainer... relatively light.. easy to work on.. switching freehubs is cheap compared to CK and I9 etc...
To me that has to be secondary to what a hub is always doing (opposed to maintenance you do once in a while) and one thing is holding spokes with a good geometry... thing that the DTs are not really doing well.



Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm
by C36
captainolek wrote:Hi everyone,
[...]
- Enve 5.6 Disc (DT Swiss): used, 1650€
- Enve 5.6 Disc (Chris King), almost new, 2000€
- Zipp 404 NSW Disc: almost new, 2000€
What is the spokes count and spoke types? At the end of the day that’s critical for wheel stiffness / responsiveness.



Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:06 pm
by TobinHatesYou
C36 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm
captainolek wrote:Hi everyone,
[...]
- Enve 5.6 Disc (DT Swiss): used, 1650€
- Enve 5.6 Disc (Chris King), almost new, 2000€
- Zipp 404 NSW Disc: almost new, 2000€
What is the spokes count and spoke types? At the end of the day that’s critical for wheel stiffness / responsiveness.

Guaranteed to be 24h/24h and if they were factory built, Sapim CX-Ray.

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:22 am
by spdntrxi
C36 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm
spdntrxi wrote:DT hubs are no brainer... relatively light.. easy to work on.. switching freehubs is cheap compared to CK and I9 etc...
To me that has to be secondary to what a hub is always doing (opposed to maintenance you do once in a while) and one thing is holding spokes with a good geometry... thing that the DTs are not really doing well.



Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I have had all 3... albeit the CK where on rim brakes... not impressed despite based on all the geos they should have been able to build a stiffer wheel.

DT240S and I9 Torch Classic have been fine and I'm not a flyweight.

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:23 pm
by wheelsONfire
I would have picked the NSW set.

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:04 pm
by C36
spdntrxi wrote: I have had all 3... albeit the CK where on rim brakes... not impressed despite based on all the geos they should have been able to build a stiffer wheel.

DT240S and I9 Torch Classic have been fine and I'm not a flyweight.
Then would look after the spokes. I don’t understand the will to use CX-ray on the rear (especially with 24 spokes). In pretty much all the cases that lead to low rear wheel stiffness, but believe it appeal to marketing team...


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:40 pm
by spdntrxi
C36 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:04 pm
spdntrxi wrote: I have had all 3... albeit the CK where on rim brakes... not impressed despite based on all the geos they should have been able to build a stiffer wheel.

DT240S and I9 Torch Classic have been fine and I'm not a flyweight.
Then would look after the spokes. I don’t understand the will to use CX-ray on the rear (especially with 24 spokes). In pretty much all the cases that lead to low rear wheel stiffness, but believe it appeal to marketing team...


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I generally prefer the "sprinter" setup.. with the thicker gauge on the drive side of the rear.(aero be damned) .. I didn't do that with the CKs... hmm

Re: Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:38 pm
by Sub50
Rolling Zipp 404 NSW's. So many options out there now but these have been dream wheels to date. No problem in the wind, showstopper braking track is next level, and the freehub is wizardry. Time will tell how they hold up but I'm intending to ride them until they wear out.