Best value for money: Enve 5.6 DT Swiss vs. Chris King vs. Zipp 404 NSW

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
captainolek

by captainolek

Ok si I've found the right axles: https://chrisking.com/products/r45d-fro ... 8499058733 and https://chrisking.com/products/part-hub ... xle-142x12 - can someone confirm these are the parts I need?

Can I swap them on the mounted wheelset? All the videos on Youtube show the swap being made on "naked" hubs. Just wondering if that's ok in terms of pressure on the hub when the axle is removed.

by Weenie

C36

by C36

spdntrxi wrote:DT hubs are no brainer... relatively light.. easy to work on.. switching freehubs is cheap compared to CK and I9 etc...
To me that has to be secondary to what a hub is always doing (opposed to maintenance you do once in a while) and one thing is holding spokes with a good geometry... thing that the DTs are not really doing well.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

C36

by C36

captainolek wrote:Hi everyone,
[...]
- Enve 5.6 Disc (DT Swiss): used, 1650€
- Enve 5.6 Disc (Chris King), almost new, 2000€
- Zipp 404 NSW Disc: almost new, 2000€
What is the spokes count and spoke types? At the end of the day that’s critical for wheel stiffness / responsiveness.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

C36 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:32 pm
captainolek wrote:Hi everyone,
[...]
- Enve 5.6 Disc (DT Swiss): used, 1650€
- Enve 5.6 Disc (Chris King), almost new, 2000€
- Zipp 404 NSW Disc: almost new, 2000€
What is the spokes count and spoke types? At the end of the day that’s critical for wheel stiffness / responsiveness.

Guaranteed to be 24h/24h and if they were factory built, Sapim CX-Ray.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

C36 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm
spdntrxi wrote:DT hubs are no brainer... relatively light.. easy to work on.. switching freehubs is cheap compared to CK and I9 etc...
To me that has to be secondary to what a hub is always doing (opposed to maintenance you do once in a while) and one thing is holding spokes with a good geometry... thing that the DTs are not really doing well.

I have had all 3... albeit the CK where on rim brakes... not impressed despite based on all the geos they should have been able to build a stiffer wheel.

DT240S and I9 Torch Classic have been fine and I'm not a flyweight.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I would have picked the NSW set.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

C36

by C36

spdntrxi wrote: I have had all 3... albeit the CK where on rim brakes... not impressed despite based on all the geos they should have been able to build a stiffer wheel.

Then would look after the spokes. I don’t understand the will to use CX-ray on the rear (especially with 24 spokes). In pretty much all the cases that lead to low rear wheel stiffness, but believe it appeal to marketing team...

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

C36 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:04 pm
spdntrxi wrote: I have had all 3... albeit the CK where on rim brakes... not impressed despite based on all the geos they should have been able to build a stiffer wheel.

Then would look after the spokes. I don’t understand the will to use CX-ray on the rear (especially with 24 spokes). In pretty much all the cases that lead to low rear wheel stiffness, but believe it appeal to marketing team...

I generally prefer the "sprinter" setup.. with the thicker gauge on the drive side of the rear.(aero be damned) .. I didn't do that with the CKs... hmm