Anyone know where to find Veloflex...

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
LouisN

by LouisN

JerryLook wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 pm

I was doing some research on LordGun, and it sounds like you get hit with a 3.5% fee from PayPal if you use that as a payment option. At least ordering to the US that is. I order stuff from European countries all of the time, but I guess paypal charges a fee to order from Italy?
When ordering from Veloflex directly, the VAT is taken off if you are outside Europe, so the price for Servizio Corse model goes down from 82 euros to approx. 63 euros I think.
They ship with DHL to NA, depending where you live, the country's customs and/or taxes will automatically apply then.

Louis :)

by Weenie

JerryLook

by JerryLook

LouisN wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:16 pm
JerryLook wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 pm

I was doing some research on LordGun, and it sounds like you get hit with a 3.5% fee from PayPal if you use that as a payment option. At least ordering to the US that is. I order stuff from European countries all of the time, but I guess paypal charges a fee to order from Italy?
When ordering from Veloflex directly, the VAT is taken off if you are outside Europe, so the price for Servizio Corse model goes down from 82 euros to approx. 63 euros I think.
They ship with DHL to NA, depending where you live, the country's customs and/or taxes will automatically apply then.

How did you get in contact with them to set up the shipping to NA? I tried contacted them through the “contact us” on the Veloflex website. They never emailed me back

When I tried to buy them from Veloflex directly before, it doesn’t give an option to ship to NA, so I just need to know who to talk to. Thanks!
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

LouisN

by LouisN

Got all my info by email at: info@veloflex.it

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Thanks. I sent them an email.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I got distracted and bought a pair of VF Carbons for 53$ each from PBK. Something to hold me over until I find out about the Service Course.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Veloflex emailed me back and basically said that for Service Course tires 82€ each is the fixed, worldwide price, and that VAT would be added in on top of that if I was in an EU country.
But shipping is free

So I’m going to hold out and wait for them to come down in price a little bit. I bet this winter Merlin will get some
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I’ll answer my own question about valve stem length. Veloflex do come in 32mm and 42mm lengths. I don’t think there is a choice, or a way to know which length you will get, but the carbons I just got from PBK have 32mm stems. Which sucks because I have 32mm deep wheels. With 42mm stems I could get away with not running extenders.

Also the carbons are very close to advertised weight. 262 and 263 grams. I’m just waiting for some short extenders, and some new Mastik One to come in the mail and then I’ll mount them up.

Edit: Maybe Veloflex measures their valve stems to the end and not just the bodies. It looks like to the end they are around 42mm.
The Vittorias I have now also have a 42mm valve stem length, but that’s the length of the body.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg