Anyone know where to find Veloflex...

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
JerryLook

by JerryLook

Arenberg or Roubaix in stock right now? Everyone seems to be out of stock, or the tires are super expensive.

I have a leak in my rear Vittoria tub that I’m trying to fix with sealant, but I need to line up my next pair of tires.

I can find Veloflex 22/23mm tires, but not any of their 25mm. I might just go with the narrower tires
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

KCookie

by KCookie

I bought some Extremes from PBK a few days ago and I'm sure they had those mentioned above for sale to.

by Weenie

JerryLook

by JerryLook

They have the 22mm (Extreme/Record), 23mm (Carbon/Crit), and 27mm (Vlaanderen). No Arenberg or Roubaix that I can see.

I did find some at a site called Lordgun.com. I have never heard of them, but the price isn’t bad. Shipping is 20$, but they aren’t Merlin/PBK.

I usually run 23mm tires, but they are doing a ton of construction on my normal riding route, and I could use the bigger tire for sure.
I would try Vittoria but I’m a little annoyed with them, after I went to put some sealant in my Corsa Evo Slick tub, and realized it doesn’t have a removable valve. And they were just so so tires anyways.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

LouisN

by LouisN

Veloflex website sells directly now.

LOuis :)

Catagory6

by Catagory6

mine just came in from bike24

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Thanks for the bike24 suggestion. For some reason they don’t show up on my google search, but when you go to their site they have both Arenberg and Roubaix. A pretty good price, around 61$ USD each.

I have seen the Veloflex store, and I was considering getting some Service Course from them. They are just too expensive compared to what I’m used to. I just can’t stomach paying 83$ USD per tire for Arenberg. Or 91$ USD for Service Course.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

peroni

by peroni

Lordgun is super reliable, number one online shop in Italy
Bianchi Oltre XR2 2014 Campagnolo SR

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I’m seriously considering getting some Service Course from LordGun now. They are like 20$ more per tire, but hopefully they are lighter than the Arenberg.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

mendiz

by mendiz

@JerryLook, if you can post your opinion about Service course perfect, I Will try FMB Service course first and Veloflex Arenberg later this year.
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

snowdevlin

by snowdevlin

I usually get my Veloflex from bike palast, in Germany, fast and reliable so far!

JerryLook

by JerryLook

I got my rear Vittoria tire to seal up with some Stan’s (it’s what I had on hand).
The vittoria tubs I have are a pain because they don’t have removable valve cores. I tried to inject sealant through the Presta valve (fail!). I ended up taking the tire off the rim, since my tires have the valves stems where you can replace the stem with a longer one. I unscrewed the stem from the tire and dumped sealant in that way. Let it sit over night and she sealed right up. It had two small holes like I ran over a staple or something.

So I’m still in the market for a new set of tires, but not in a super rush like I was. I actually bought some cheap tubs to hold me over just in case. Merlin has some Ritchey tubs on clearance for 11$ each. They are 300g each (almost exactly the same weight for 4 tires). So a little heavy, but they look pretty straight and well constructed. Maybe I’ll carry one as a spare.

I was doing some research on LordGun, and it sounds like you get hit with a 3.5% fee from PayPal if you use that as a payment option. At least ordering to the US that is. I order stuff from European countries all of the time, but I guess paypal charges a fee to order from Italy?
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I recently ordered some Veloflex tubs from Lordgun and they got to me in Bermuda very quickly and without hassle. I would use them again.

Starbike, the host of this forum, also carries Veloflex tubs and I have purchased from them many times without any issues.
Last edited by BdaGhisallo on Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

upside

by upside

I just bought a few Roubaix"s from StarBike..$55 each and some Masters 28's

by Weenie

JerryLook

by JerryLook

Do all Veloflex have a 42mm valve stem, or do some have a shorter stem? I’ve seen them listed as both 36 and 42mm.
I’m using 30mm deep wheels and can get away with a 42mm valve stem without an extension. With the 36mm I need an extension just barely.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg