HELP - Lightweight Meilenstein Clincher

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ebsilon

by ebsilon

Hello All Image

I need some help.......

Last autumn (last race of the season) my Lightweight Meilenstein C would not coast.

Now it is time to look in to the problem.

Here is what I found ImageImageImage

The wheel is purchased in spring 2016 and is a Meilenstein C 11 Speed Shimano 20 Spoke.

What kind of free hub body do I need and do I need other spare parts. It looks so extreme I think......

Ciaoooo

Moller

Speed of Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DJT21

by DJT21

It's a DT Swiss freehub body, 11 speed. If you buy it new it will come with the end cap, but if you're looking second hand, make sure it's supplied with one. The 10 and 11 speed freehub bodies have a different end cap.

ebsilon

by ebsilon

Thanks DJT

......but R2-bike does offer two kinds of bodies.

The offer the original LIGHTWEIGHT Freehub Body DT Swiss 190S Shimano | 11-speed

https://r2-bike.com/LIGHTWEIGHT-Freehub ... o-11-speed

.....but R2-bike does also offer a DT Swiss body aka,

DT SWISS Freehub Shimano | SRAM SL Version 11-speed Road

https://r2-bike.com/DT-SWISS-Freehub-Sh ... speed-Road

The Lightweight has a price of €205 vs. the DT Swiss at € 147,50.

The weight of both bodies are 48g.

Do you guys know if the DT Swiss one fits Lightweight wheels?

Ciaoooo

Moller
Speed of Lite

DJT21

by DJT21

THe 190 freehub is functionally the same, but it does have some extra material removed to save weight.

ebsilon

by ebsilon

Hi DJT

Thanks again for joining this thread.

The body I removed was the Lightweight 190 - I think, since the splines was all milled out.

But do you know if the traditional DT Swiss 190 will fit the Lightweight Meilenstein wheels.

The weight is the same (48g) of the two bodies but there is a difference of € 50.00.

Ciaoooo

Moller
Speed of Lite

kgt

by kgt

Yes, both DTswiss 240 and 190 will fit. I would not pay more kust for the LW logo.

ebsilon

by ebsilon

kgt wrote:Yes, both DTswiss 240 and 190 will fit. I would not pay more kust for the LW logo.
.....KGT, the DT Swiss SL at € 147,50 will do just fine???

https://r2-bike.com/DT-SWISS-Freehub-Sh ... speed-Road

Ciaoooooo

Moller
Speed of Lite

Nejmann

by Nejmann

I’ll might have one for shimano I think. Only taken off. But that is the regular one you link too.

KCookie

by KCookie

You could always look on Lightweights website for a freehub, they have their spring sale on atm.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Were they new when you got them?, because that’s not normal wear and tear, and I would be hitting them up for a warranty replacement of the freehub, and endcap. But yeah, the 240 freehub should work just fine (make sure it has “11speed” written on the freehub and that you get the appropriate end cap). Wonder also if your dropouts are square to each other? If they’re not, that can cause havoc in those “floating” end caps, especially when combined with ultralightweight skewers which are probably flexy enough to allow the endcaps to conform to any “unsquareness” rather than counteract it. If it happens again; that’s for sure what I’d be looking at. If it doesn’t happen again, maybe just chalk it up to a faulty freehub.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ebsilon

by ebsilon

Calnago wrote:Were they new when you got them?, because that’s not normal wear and tear, and I would be hitting them up for a warranty replacement of the freehub, and endcap.

Hello Calnago

Thank you for chime in.

The wheels was purchased in May 2016. They have only been ridden in fine weather conditions and maybe 8k in total.

Yes, I should write Lightweight, but the two years warranty has passed, so......

I am going to buy a new body due to the fact that when the warranty matter is over the summer has gone.

Anyway, R2 just replied that the DT Swiss body will do just fine. The body should be the same as the LW body. At the same time I am going to upgrade the hub with the DT SWISS Upgrade Kit Star Ratchet SL with 54 Teeth.

Ciaooooo

Moller
Speed of Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tabl10s

by tabl10s

ebsilon wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 pm
Calnago wrote:Were they new when you got them?, because that’s not normal wear and tear, and I would be hitting them up for a warranty replacement of the freehub, and endcap.
Can you do this upgrade and have it Schwartzed also?

Hello Calnago

Thank you for chime in.

The wheels was purchased in May 2016. They have only been ridden in fine weather conditions and maybe 8k in total.

Yes, I should write Lightweight, but the two years warranty has passed, so......

I am going to buy a new body due to the fact that when the warranty matter is over the summer has gone.

Anyway, R2 just replied that the DT Swiss body will do just fine. The body should be the same as the LW body. At the same time I am going to upgrade the hub with the DT SWISS Upgrade Kit Star Ratchet SL with 54 Teeth.

Ciaooooo

Moller
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)