Giant P-SLR1 Spokes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tj123

by Tj123

Hi all,

I have managed to snap one of my front spokes. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement. They are those stupid dt Swiss tricon ones that are threaded at both ends. It is using a aerolite spoke at 287mm long.

Thanks

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Sometimes spokes aren't stocked but made to order. You might need to turn to a Giant shop.

Are you sure it's the spoke and not something else that broke?

Unrelated is the question of, why use spokes threaded on both ends? :noidea:

Wait, it says here "easy to replace". We must be mistaken then. :lol:

Tj123

by Tj123

I know I cannot see any advantage to having both ends threaded. It just makes it a pain seeing as replacement parts are so hard to get.

I have spoken to a bike shop and will see if they can cut down a new aerolite spoke and roll a new thread on.

My concern then is whether any of the other spokes have been stressed and may snap in future rides.

Really tempted to build a set of wheels when money allows, so in the future I can just easily get replacement bits.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I don't think rethreading is done very reliably on spokes. It might not have the same quality as an original thread that might actually be done before tempering the steel.

Spokes break, it happens. I'd be surprised if giant couldn't supply you with a spare. Perhaps even for free.