BRR Vittoria Corsa G+ 2.0 test...you won't believe the results!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Sorry for the click-bait title, I couldn't resist. Maybe you actually will have expected these results. Anyway, It seems that the 2.0 Graphene formulation does not lead to the dramatic drop in rolling resistance that Vittoria had claimed, which is a bummer from a performance perspective, but may just save us all from the Faustian bargain of filling our lungs with graphene particulates in order to save a few watts: https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.co ... -graphene2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ha! Well, at least we don’t have to click through 20 pages of advertising clicks to get to the main point.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jlok

by jlok

Would like to see the Rubino TLR testing tho.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I hope the others(1.0) are not discon'd
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Westbank

by Westbank

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:17 am
Yeah. I left a similar comment on the BRR review page:
This is quite disappointing. I was expecting phenomenal results based on the marketing pushed by Vittoria. The previous model, the Corsa G+ Isotech, has a better rolling resistance, is slightly lighter and has a very similar puncture resistance. Any reason why someone would pick the new Corsa Graphene 2.0 over the previous Corsa G+ Isotech ?

mattr

by mattr

Westbank wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:08 pm
Any reason why someone would pick the new Corsa Graphene 2.0 over the previous Corsa G+ Isotech ?
Because it's NEW!

Yeah, that's all i've got........

Westbank

by Westbank

mattr wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Westbank wrote:
Any reason why someone would pick the new Corsa Graphene 2.0 over the previous Corsa G+ Isotech ?
Because it's NEW!

Yeah, that's all i've got........
:D :D :D

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Westbank wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:
This is quite disappointing. I was expecting phenomenal results based on the marketing pushed by Vittoria. The previous model, the Corsa G+ Isotech, has a better rolling resistance, is slightly lighter and has a very similar puncture resistance. Any reason why someone would pick the new Corsa Graphene 2.0 over the previous Corsa G+ Isotech ?

If it has better wear, real world puncture protection and grip, it’ll be worth loss in rolling efficiency. BRR’s puncture resistance test is very simplistic and not representative of real riding. He just puts weight on a needle until it perforates the tire.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Westbank wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:
The old ones were not lighter, the new claimed weight is just closer to reality.

The only good reason to go with the 2.0 is if you want the tubeless model. But then again, the tubeless are all black so it takes away the real reason to get Corsas! :mrgreen:

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Calnago wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:42 am
Ha! Well, at least we don’t have to click through 20 pages of advertising clicks to get to the main point.
I feel you on that point! I think I have made it through the 20 pages of clicks 1 time, and every other time, somewhere between clicks 3 and 8, I ask myself "what are you doing with your life?" and abandon the whole endeavor. I'd still love to know the truth about what happened to the girl in the bikini who leaned over the cliff to get a selfie, and what all those former child stars look like today, and what happened to the guy with the self made rocket car, but I figure if I'm meant to know out those things the information will find its way into my possession through some other route. :noidea:

Westbank

by Westbank

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Westbank wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:
The old ones were not lighter, the new claimed weight is just closer to reality.

The only good reason to go with the 2.0 is if you want the tubeless model. But then again, the tubeless are all black so it takes away the real reason to get Corsas! :mrgreen:
The actual weight of the Corsa G+ is 255gr and 260gr for Corsa G 2.0 (actual weights from BRR). Small difference but still lighter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com