Lightweight Meilenstein 20C with 25mm ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Westbank

by Westbank

Hello,

I was planning to put some Vittoria Corsa G2.0 25mm tires on a Meilenstein 20C wheelset. I'm hesitating between the 23mm and 25mm tires and I wanted to get some feedback before I purchase the tires. Should I stick to 23mm tires since the rim is 20mm wide ? Anyone riding 25mm on Meilenstein 20 C ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

It has been discussed again. IME (with Gipfelsturm) just go for the 25mm. If glued properly they fell very plush and nice.

Westbank

by Westbank

kgt wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:26 pm
It has been discussed again. IME (with Gipfelsturm) just go for the 25mm. If glued properly they fell very plush and nice.
I've searched but couldn't anything specific on the subject.

They are the clincher version.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, the C indicates clincher. You can use 25’s but they’re kinda big and you’ll find that with the brakes adjusted properly (if rim) it might be difficult to easily remove the wheel through the pads even with the release let out. Although I think vittorias 25’s might fit a bit smaller than some, for sure smaller than a Continental 4000sii for example. But 24’s if you can find them fit very nicely. If you’re ok with tan sidewalls, I think the Specialized Turbo Cotton (24mm) would be ideal for these wheels...

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Westbank

by Westbank

Calnago wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 pm
Yes, the C indicates clincher. You can use 25’s but they’re kinda big and you’ll find that with the brakes adjusted properly (if rim) it might be difficult to easily remove the wheel through the pads even with the release let out. Although I think vittorias 25’s might fit a bit smaller than some, for sure smaller than a Continental 4000sii for example. But 24’s if you can find them fit very nicely. If you’re ok with tan sidewalls, I think the Specialized Turbo Cotton (24mm) would be ideal for these wheels...
Thanks Calnago. I didn't think about the Spec Turbo Cotton. Well rated tire with a good rolling resistance. 24mm would be a great option. I don't mind the tan sidewalls. I was thinking of getting the Vittoria Corsa G2.0 with the tan sidewalls.

I'm starting the lean towards the 23mm (or 24mm) instead of the 25mm.

frommel

by frommel

Absolutely love the 24mm Spec Turbo Cottons on my Zipp 303 NSW wheels. I weigh 183lbs and they are super comfy and fast at 75-80psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I run 25mm gp4000s on my 20mm meilenstein and have for years. nill issues. I run my pads very close. on the lightweight equipped bike i have eebrake and the quick release clears easily. on sram red you would need to fiddle with barrell aduster for sure to remove wheel.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

I use Veloflex Corsa 25mm clincher on my Meilenstein and no problems ;-)