Did i get conned ? Fulcrum R0

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all,

So i went for a full service recently and the bill shows 2 sets of Enduro bearings, but i thought Enduro doesnt offer ceramic bearings? These are for Fulcrum Racing Zero Red Passion Edition with USB. the freehub gone alot quieter since serviced....am i being cheated? :oops:

Thanks.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Check with the shop. Sometimes it's just easier to edit the price of a common product in the database than to create custom ones. It could explain the odd info.

Are usb bearings cup and cone? Maybe the freehub still uses sealed bearings.

Edit: Looks like usb bearings are sealed. Possibly angular contact. Can someone help confirm? Curious. :)

Enduro does offer hybrid ceramic sealed bearings. They are called Zero/Xd15.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Campy/Fulcrum USB uses cup and cone ceramic bearings in a hybrid format (ceramic balls in steel races). The freehub uses two sealed non-ceramic bearings. Those two Enduro bearings are for the freehub. The cup and cone ceramic hybrid bearings don’t need to be replaced. They just need to be cleaned and repacked with grease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

thanks for your input guys. on the receipt, it says: Enduro ABEC 3 6803 17x 26x 5 Wheel Bearing. They charge me about 5 GBP each, so i think they are not hybrid ones.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen: