Anything else I should know about latex tubes?

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
JerryLook

by JerryLook

Before I switched to tubulars recently I was running GP4k tires (20f/23r) with Vittoria latex tubes on 19c alloy rims. I’m your weight and height and was running 100 psi front and back.

When changing tires out after about a year, I would also replace the tubes. They get super wrinkled (from heat I assume?) and while that might be ok, I start to worry about how much longer they will last.
2010 Orbea Opal 54cm
6.05kg

Valy

by Valy

JerryLook wrote:Before I switched to tubulars recently I was running GP4k tires (20f/23r) with Vittoria latex tubes on 19c alloy rims. I’m your weight and height and was running 100 psi front and back.

When changing tires out after about a year, I would also replace the tubes. They get super wrinkled (from heat I assume?) and while that might be ok, I start to worry about how much longer they will last.
Think they get a bit of creep deformation, I've used mine over a few years with no issues. But I don't ride too much now so...

When I did, it was mainly issues with valves that crept up rather than tears in the tube itself.

by Weenie

PrimO

by PrimO

I'm 76kg and use Vittoria latex 19/23mm tubes in my 25mm GP4000's and run 75/65psi on both my bikes with zero pinch flats or punctures in over 2 years.

I get 2 to 3 days before needing to pump the wheels again, they will have lost approx 10psi in that time (and thats with the bike being used for 20-30km cycles each day also)