Upgrading from Mavic Aksium WTS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

karw88

by karw88

Hi all,

Thinking of upgrading from my stock wheelset.
I ride about 150km per week. The place where I live is mainly flat.
I'm 1.68m and 100lbs.

I'm thinking of the following:

- Fulcrum Quattro Carbon
- Farsports 38mm
- Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite
- Reynolds AR41
- Hunt 36 Carbon Aero

My budget is in the range of the above wheelset. If you have anything else to recommend, please do share it.

Which one do you think I should get?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I have experience with the Quattro carbon. They are very nice wheels for the price. Weight wise you can get them to below 1,470g. if you take the time to remove the stickers (several hour job, not easy). They look very nice, brake well, and tested very well for aerodynamics if you care about marginal gains. I've never owned a set of Reynolds but locally I know of several people whose Reynolds failed at the brake tracks. The Quattro has been tested by the German magazine Tour for brack track heat endurance. So you know you'll be safe on the Quattros despite you don't ride in the mountains much. GL with your purchase.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

karw88

by karw88

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:22 pm
I have experience with the Quattro carbon. They are very nice wheels for the price. Weight wise you can get them to below 1,470g. if you take the time to remove the stickers (several hour job, not easy). They look very nice, brake well, and tested very well for aerodynamics if you care about marginal gains. I've never owned a set of Reynolds but locally I know of several people whose Reynolds failed at the brake tracks. The Quattro has been tested by the German magazine Tour for brack track heat endurance. So you know you'll be safe on the Quattros despite you don't ride in the mountains much. GL with your purchase.
Thanks for the information.

I've been hearing good things about the braking on Fulcrums and Campagnolos. :)