Graphene 2.0 and Michelin Power tubs in stores

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Maybe I'm late to notice but these two tubs are available now. My Veloflex rear is getting thin and I was shopping. Not that attracted by Vittoria, my previous attempt at a G 1.0 on the rear failed fast. As for my exp with Power clinchers.... weird in wet, compound cracks/ages fast, sidewalls super fragile. BUT, they are truly fast. I'm really itching to try the tubs.

defride

by defride

I had a big blowout on a G+ rear tub the other day, haven't investigated properly but seems the latex inner exploded. Hairy at 40 mph down hill in a group but stayed up.

Been pleased with the G+ tubs, adequate grip and rolling resistance, not as good as my Schwable Pro clinchers but crucially for tubs excellent puncture resistance. 11000km on less than perfect roads and 4 punctures, 2 were tires that were due replacement, one a problem with the valve, then the blow out. Not bad. Much better than the G+ clinchers which punctured easily.

Looking for a replacement for the blow out I noticed that G 2.0 had been released. Better grip, rolling and puncture resistance? What's not to like on the face of it, except price. Cheapest I could find was £80 each. Oh well, if they do as well as the G+ probably worth it.

Stretched over a couple of days then mounted them. No problems. One nice change, all the G+ I ran had a raised area around the valve that required some careful trimming of the tape to get them to seat properly around the valve. No problem with the 2.0's

First ride yesterday and immediately noticeable is the improved grip. Braking is a good deal better, had to be careful on the G+ braking hard while descending as the rear slides quite easily. The 2.0's are far more confidence inspiring, almost like getting an improved pair of brakes. You can also push the front into corners and feel them grip where the G+ I'd be taking more care. They feel fast, much like the Pro's. As for puncture resistance, we'll see, fingers crossed. That said we crossed a fair bit of new chip seal that would cut some tyres to shreads and nothing on these.

As for weight, this includes the rubber band and valve extender so take off circa 5g

Very impressed thus far

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Thank you! Where did you buy them? I see they are 90q at Sigma. Even at 80 it is a hard swallow. The Michelin are only 52 pounds (bike24 price). Other than these I still lean on veloflex, IME they had the lowest number of cuts/punctures per km, by far, compared to other stuff I used.