DT Swiss 350 disc hubs, do axle conversion kits come in the package?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Multebear

by Multebear

Some time ago I built a disc wheel with a DT 240 front hub. In the package there where end caps for all three axle types - QR, 12 mm TA and 15 mm TA. I’m considering another disc wheelset. This time with DT 350 hubs. Do the conversion end caps come in the package as well? Or do I have to pay for a pair of 240 hubs, to get them in the package?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

None of the DT Swiss hubs I've bought came with any loose parts, neither the 350 hubs I got last year nor the 240s hubs I got last month. Did your 240s hubs arrive in retail packaging? If so that is likely the difference as I've always ordered from the cheapest supplier I could find which most likely got them as OEM parts.

whyamihere

by whyamihere

I've had 240s in retail packaging without any additional adaptors, so I think you were lucky to get them all last time.

Multebear

by Multebear

Thanks. But just to make sure, you bought disc hubs, right?

I bought a 240 front disc hub for J bend spokes 28h from bike24. And all the mentioned parts were sitting in the box. Maybe I was lucky.

whyamihere

by whyamihere

Multebear wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:27 pm
Thanks. But just to make sure, you bought disc hubs, right?

I bought a 240 front disc hub for J bend spokes 28h from bike24. And all the mentioned parts were sitting in the box. Maybe I was lucky.
Yep, they're disc hubs. The front one was Boost spaced so it makes sense for that to only come with 15mm end caps, but the rear was a standard 142x12 hub. Maybe standard spacing front hubs come with all the bits, or maybe you were just lucky.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Most of my hubs were road disc hubs for 12 mm axle front and rear, one pair of 350 was for rim brakes. None came in retail packaging nor with any loose parts, though I think some were delivered in a zip lock bags with DT Swiss logo and a manual.

ongbenghui

by ongbenghui

to add to this conversation, are they easy to get ? I got a Giant SLR1 that seems to be a DT Swiss hub that I am looking at converting it from 12mm thru axle to QR for my wife's bike.

Multebear

by Multebear

Thanks guys. Maybe it's better to be safe than sorry and buy the 240 hubs and be done with it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com