HUNT 48mm super wide

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

romanmoser

by romanmoser

madik

by madik

Looks great. There is certainly future in these super wides. Enve was first with over 30mm wide rims, then HED and Cannondale KNOT rims. There is also lightbicycles with their 56mm height and 33mm wide (if not mistaken). So Hunt is on the chase there for sure.
Do we know of any other super wides in production?
Functionality > Performance > Weight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I'm not convinced. Trying to make 32mm tyres aero seems to me to be pointless. If you have wide tyres your doing it for comfort not speed. If you want pace narrower is more aero and faster. The 28mm schwalbe pro one is a road tyre roads are not that roughn the 23mm pro one tyre on a wide rim is 25mm wide. That's wide enough. I remember Dr home tonight of 25mm IRC tubeless and did think I needed wider. The roads I was one are not smooth.

You also need a tyre that sits at 33mm on these hunt wheels. Hunt did a promo on them on the arenburg sector. That's fine but really how often to we ride roads that rough. They may be fast there but slower no normal roads.

AJS914

by AJS914

Why would you need a 33mm tire. A 30mm tire sounds about right.

The roads where I ride are bumpy beat up farm roads. I'd love to have a wheelset like this for 30mm tires. First though I need to buy a frame that will take 30mm tires.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It's 36mm wide. The wheel is made for the 28mn pro one which on a 23mm internal width rim is about 33mm wide. Anything is is not going to perform as well. The 32mm conti gp5000tl will do well to.

It's a wheelset for a very limited range of tyres and ones I would not pick for gravel use or rough road use due to risk of punctures.

Suffolk lane are farm tracks really and 25mm tyres are fine. Wider tyres are fine too but on such roads pace is limited so having a more aero set is pointless.