Aliexpress Light Wheels for Disc - Road - Tubeless.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MAJ

by MAJ

I'm studying to assemble a new road disc brake bike.

I want to have two wheelset, so firstly for not expend too much money I'm thinking in buy first a "cheap" wheelset and with time build or buy a better quality set.

I want 38/45mm depth and 25mm wide, and thinking in a U shape.

Also tubeless rims.

After searching some days... I have found these wheels with specially light claimed weight.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b28EYqZx

This set with Yuniper Nitro hubs, more expensive than others like Novatec, Bitex, ...

I don't have a lot of info regarding this hubs, but I think is the brand that the wheel company CADEN had been using in their light wheels until recently.

Regarding the rims...the claimed weight is around 400gr/rim , that is lighter than the major Chinese and non Chinese wheels, and I don't know if can be realistic or not. (But in my MTB I use a pair of carbon rims with similar weight, so I don't understand why is necessary more weight in a disc brake road rim)

I was found other company with similar weights and TLR rim for disk:

http://www.carbonal.com.cn/carbon-road-bike.html

What are your opinion regarding these wheelsets?

I think are interesting!!!! at least to try to search other seller with a similar product, similar weight,....

Last edited by MAJ on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

The hub specs look good. Thank you for mentioning them.

I'll recommend them to my friend who's a heavier weightweenie.

They look like a mix between tune/carbonti/extralite but made in taiwan/china.

Sorry I can't comment on the rest you've posted. Bumping the thread for you. Rims look good. Ask for weight limit and temperature resistance. Check if you are better suited with an asymetrical rear rim or not.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

I just bought a set of Farsports wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs for less money. Personally, I'd rather go with Light Bicycle or Farsports instead of a no-name wheelshop on aliexpress especially when they cost around the same.

MAJ

by MAJ

AJS914 wrote:I just bought a set of Farsports wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs for less money. Personally, I'd rather go with Light Bicycle or Farsports instead of a no-name wheelshop on aliexpress especially when they cost around the same.
Thanks I'll check Farsports.

Regarding rims the really important in this case is the ability to do a properly tubeless and support adequate pressures ( regarding aliexpress shop 140psi, that is a lot, but I don't know if is real)

I know people with Chinese rim brake wheels, but in this case will be for disc, so the rim quality I think is not so important.

AJS914

by AJS914

Because returning a set of wheels to China is so expensive I'd rather buy from a known reliable company who most likely will get it right the first time.

MAJ

by MAJ

AJS914 wrote:Because returning a set of wheels to China is so expensive I'd rather buy from a known reliable company who most likely will get it right the first time.
Like this???

http://www.farsportswheels.com/product/ ... nufacturer#

The weight is heavier than the others and there are errors on the description like brake pads and basalt brake surface on a disc wheelset...but I'll contact by mail in order to clarify specifications, weight and price.

AJS914

by AJS914

I bought from here:

https://www.wheelsfar.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com