Real world weights for Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon C17 or Fulcrum Racing Speed 40C C17?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sib

by sib

The Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbon C17 is listed at 1340g and the Fulcrum Racing Speed 40C C17 at 1420g, but has anyone got any real world weights for either of these wheelsets?

Also, does anyone know if the decals are removable and, if so, how much weight that saves?

Thank you!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sib

by sib

Bump - anyone?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Both of my Campy Boras came in below advertised weights so you could just count on getting the advertised weights. And unlike some other wheels Campy/Fulcrum wheels don’t need rim tapes so the weights listed are the final weights unlike other wheels. My riding buddy has the Carbon Zeros but he’s not a WW so he didn’t weigh his before mounting the tires. I just did a full hub service for him recently and everything was in top shape. I recommended the Carbon Zero to him and he really likes them. The Speed 40 would be almost similar to the Bora 35s except a very small weight increase in exchange for better aerodynamics. The Zeros do have fat spokes so not very aero. So depending your priorities you need to decide on weight vs aerodynamics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sib

by sib

Thanks for the reply @pdlpsher1

Reassuring to know both about the weights and you/your friend's experiences with the wheels - but also makes my decision harder!

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

You're welcome. By the way my buddy has the older Carbon Zero. The newer version has a twill carbon finish and AC3 bracking surface. Other than looks I don't think there's a performance difference between the two versions. AC3 and Diamante3D are almost the same. But just be aware that there are two versions out there. Not sure about the Speed 40s.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Also I briefly owned a set of the Fulcrum Racing Quattro Carbon. The listed weight of 1,555g. is incorrect. The actual weight is around 1,487g if I recall. And after removing the 12 decals the weight came down to about 1,470g. which is the same as my Campy Bora 50 Ones. These use inferiror sealed bearings but can be had at less than $1,000 USD.

The decals on the higher end Fulcrum/Campy wheels use the water transfer method and they weigh nothing. The cheaper Racing Quattro uses vinyl stickers with adhesives. Adhesives are heavy. You can remove water transfer decals but not very easily. Plus you won't save any weight by doing it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com