FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
alanyu
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:10 pm

by alanyu

The 231g Feder hubs are ODM by chosen in taiwan.

spartan
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:52 am

by spartan

i just ordered a pair of feder 45 wheelset with carbon-ti center lock hubs. let us see how long it takes to arrive.
i am guessing mid August LOL
Current Rides:

2018 Madone SLR DISC DI2 9XXX
2017 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 DI2 9150

by Weenie


George46GR
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm

by George46GR

I ordered them 2 days ago, I live in Greece, where do u live @spartan ?
2019 BMC TeamMachine SLR01 Disk

spartan
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:52 am

by spartan

montreal. let us see who gets their wheels delivered first :beerchug:
Current Rides:

2018 Madone SLR DISC DI2 9XXX
2017 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 DI2 9150

Beancouter
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

by Beancouter

iamraymond wrote:I wonder if they have different versions of the Feder hub.

Those Feder hubs look very similiar to the deCADENce hubs. Similar weight, design and spoke count.
These are the ones I am getting - come with ceramic bearings. At the start of the conversation with them they were referring to ceramic speed bearings but suspect they might end up being a lower quality.... fingers crossed

These are the Far D300, which they said is their own design with a bigger hub body - has a 4 pawl freehub whixh is hopefully quieter than my DT180 EXP!
282gImage
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farsportssandy
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 am

by farsportssandy

iamraymond wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:17 pm
George46GR wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:07 pm
Just ordered the Feder 35 climbing wheels for my 2019 BMC TeamMachine SLR01 disk bike (no spoke holes, carbon ti 6 bolt hubs, sapin cx-ray spokes, blacl alloy nipples, shimano 11sp hub). As soon as they arrive, I will let you know.......
Very funny... I just ordered the exact same wheelset except the Feder 30 rims and they'll also go on a SLR01 disc. I was hoping to get the centerlock hub so I could continue to use my XTR rotors, but they were out of stock so I ended up with the 6-hole version. I guess it was the same for you?
Yes, Carbon-ti central lock version is at the moment out of stock. We did make the order to Carbon-ti in May, and they promise to ship soon. Hope we can get them in 10 days.

Ooookaaay
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:13 pm
Location: Russia
Contact:

by Ooookaaay

farsportssandy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 am


Yes, Carbon-ti central lock version is at the moment out of stock. We did make the order to Carbon-ti in May, and they promise to ship soon. Hope we can get them in 10 days.
You do not have the necessary parts since May and you did not indicate this in the order form? It’s funny. I am also waiting for wheels with the same hub parameters.

farsportssandy
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 am

by farsportssandy

Ooookaaay wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:45 pm
farsportssandy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 am


Yes, Carbon-ti central lock version is at the moment out of stock. We did make the order to Carbon-ti in May, and they promise to ship soon. Hope we can get them in 10 days.
You do not have the necessary parts since May and you did not indicate this in the order form? It’s funny. I am also waiting for wheels with the same hub parameters.
We do have a few in stock when we make repeat order in May. We did not expect the lead-time so long, it's all because of the pandemic. Anyway, Carbon-ti had shipped out the hubs yesterday, so we can normally ship wheels out next week. Please do not worry.

tonchy
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:24 am

by tonchy

Great news!
Ridley Helium SL Etap
Ridley X-Night SL Etap
Klein Aura V
Giant Defy Advanced 2 HRD
Trek Superfly 6

diz420
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:17 pm

by diz420

spartan wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:46 pm
montreal. let us see who gets their wheels delivered first :beerchug:
Hey, I'm in Montreal too and was looking at the exact same spec as you. Looking forward to your impression when you receive them. Did you use Fedex or EMS? :thumbup:

angman19
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 8:01 am

by angman19

I just ordered a set a few days ago. 45mm front and 50mm rear with the Extralite SPD3 hubs, allot nipples, cx ray spokes no holes and hookless. Hopefully won’t take long to receive them so I can provide a ride report. Sandy has been amazing to work with though. Her communication via email has been very good.

Usernamealex
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:00 pm

by Usernamealex

angman19 wrote:I just ordered a set a few days ago. 45mm front and 50mm rear with the Extralite SPD3 hubs, allot nipples, cx ray spokes no holes and hookless. Hopefully won’t take long to receive them so I can provide a ride report. Sandy has been amazing to work with though. Her communication via email has been very good.
45mm and 50mm are available in hookless? When I ordered mine about two months ago, 35mm was the deepest height I could get for hookless. I ordered the Feder wheels. Are yours Feder too?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk


kroem
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:37 pm

by kroem

Looking at a pair of wheels for my gravel - mostly looking ar Novatec hubs, but the OEM option sounds nice. Does it cost about as much as Carbon Ti or what?

Also cant really decide if I should go for Feder 35 or the "gravel" 30 rim...

Beancouter
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

by Beancouter

Beancouter wrote:
iamraymond wrote:I wonder if they have different versions of the Feder hub.

Those Feder hubs look very similiar to the deCADENce hubs. Similar weight, design and spoke count.
These are the ones I am getting - come with ceramic bearings. At the start of the conversation with them they were referring to ceramic speed bearings but suspect they might end up being a lower quality.... fingers crossed

These are the Far D300, which they said is their own design with a bigger hub body - has a 4 pawl freehub whixh is hopefully quieter than my DT180 EXP!
282gImage
Image
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wheels shipped today - Sandy confirmed they are 1252g which I am really pleased with. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie


iamraymond
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 am

by iamraymond

@Beancounter, what rims are they? That's an impressive weight! I'm hoping to get my set soon in the next couple weeks.

Post Reply