FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
audioblazer

by audioblazer

Photos
Attachments
2D38B6A2-E795-48F8-8FF2-22929D839BF0.jpeg
52EE7E32-7244-49A1-8B2A-C7EDD5ECE2E9.jpeg
E2651977-2A94-4148-98F1-A6BE45015300.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

emotive

by emotive

Nice effect. Good to see them offering something different to the Matt UD, 3K and 12K that everyone offers.

nickf

by nickf

My second set of Farsports wheels just arrived. Shipped 8/23 and delivered on 9/2. FSC45TM-26-UL rims, CX Ray spokes, Carbon Ti hubs. Rims are their new ultra light series with a HMX braking surface. Quoted weight was spot on 1118g. This time they used Paypal for the transaction goods/services which was nice. Wheels came true and the first ride there were no pings or noises. Granted I just taped the tires with Carogna so only did a quick up and down the street. But will update once I get some real mines in. If you don't like noisy hubs don't, I repeat don't get carbon ti hubs! Will update once I get some real miles in on these, waiting for this hurricane to pass.....

audioblazer

by audioblazer

Dt Swiss 18O Ratchet EXP , 36 ratchet is as noisy as Carbon Ti

nickf

by nickf

I had 54t ratchet in my bontrager road and mountain wheels, it's loud but a little more muted. Carbon ti frequency is higher pitched and way more audible. I'm fine with the noise. The girlfriend came from across the house and into the garage wondering what that noise was lol

leicaman

by leicaman

nickf wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:04 pm
My second set of Farsports wheels just arrived. Shipped 8/23 and delivered on 9/2. FSC45TM-26-UL rims, CX Ray spokes, Carbon Ti hubs. Rims are their new ultra light series with a HMX braking surface. Quoted weight was spot on 1118g. This time they used Paypal for the transaction goods/services which was nice. Wheels came true and the first ride there were no pings or noises. Granted I just taped the tires with Carogna so only did a quick up and down the street. But will update once I get some real mines in. If you don't like noisy hubs don't, I repeat don't get carbon ti hubs! Will update once I get some real miles in on these, waiting for this hurricane to pass.....

Great looking wheelset. I’ve been looking at farsports Alps tubular wheels laced to CarbonTi hubs. I haven’t seen your rims in their website. Do you happen to know if they do other rim depths like a 38 or 25mm?
How much did you pay for this wheelset if you don’t mind me asking?
Cheers
Last edited by leicaman on Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leicaman

by leicaman

Duplicate post

nickf

by nickf

When I emailed Sandy she informed me of these new ultra light rims that were available. I'm sure they have a shallower depth. I was originally going to go with a 55 deep wheel but I'm the end I feel 45mm is the sweet spot. I got about 100 miles on these wheels not and I'm not disappointed. They spin up great and handle extremely well. Carbon-Ti hubs build a stiff wheel. These wheels are lighter and deeper then the bontrager Aeolus 3s they replaced, but much stiffer.

They were right at $900 shipped. Well worth the extra money to go with the Carbon-Ti hubs.

leicaman

by leicaman

That’s great. Thanks for the info. Need to decide now whether to go for the alps or these new UL rims.

leicaman

by leicaman

MayhemSWE wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:04 pm
Sock3t wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 pm
How do these compared to FSE's?
Pretty sure FSE's rims are made by Farsports. Farsports Alps series OEM rims are available with a 3K twill finish and have pretty much identical specs to FSE's rims. Just built up a pair yesterday and they look pretty great!
How are you liking your farsports Alps rims? I’m thinking of getting some myself laced to CarbonTi hubs but I haven’t seen any reviews or people posting about them. Would be very interested to hear your thoughts on them.
Thanks

farsportssandy

by farsportssandy

leicaman wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 am
That’s great. Thanks for the info. Need to decide now whether to go for the alps or these new UL rims.
This is Sandy from Farsports,please email me at sandy(at)farsport.cn, I'll let you know more aboud the difference of the two series.

LouisN

by LouisN

I don't see a Carbon-Ti hubs option for disk brakes wheels.
Also, no mention that carbon clincher rims are tubeless ready :noidea: ?
Will probably jump to disk next year, and contemplating the idea....

Louis :)

audioblazer

by audioblazer

Farsports has carbon ti 6 bolts hub for disk brake . Clincher is tubeless ready

LouisN

by LouisN

I saw they added the "tubeless" on their clincher rims, with or without spoke holes. Last Time I checked there wasn't such an option (that was on wheelsfar website though...).
Where do you have a link to the Carbon-ti DISK option ?

farsportssandy

by farsportssandy

LouisN wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:49 am
I saw they added the "tubeless" on their clincher rims, with or without spoke holes. Last Time I checked there wasn't such an option (that was on wheelsfar website though...).
Where do you have a link to the Carbon-ti DISK option ?

Pleaese add Skype farsports13 or contact sandy@farsports.cn, as not all models/build listed on the web. It's all custom built.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com