FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
robbosmans

by robbosmans

Please keep this thread on topic, thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tjvirden

by tjvirden

musiclover wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:33 am
You have just said that tubeless is faster and more protected against flats but is not better than tubed? Are you a part of a Neoliberal crowd? Be careful, people who use tubes like to be referred to as "alternatively tubeless" and demand the same rights and respect as tubeless people.
I am a simple person in that regard. When something is better - I just call it that and am happy to explain why. Initially though, I was responding to a comment where someone said "hooked is better", without any explanation. Read back.

Coming back to our topick. I will ask again: "Why is hooked better with tubes?"
Lol! We've already been through this: If you want to run a non-tubeless tire, then you need the hooks to retain it on the rim......

Now I have a question: why do you think Continental gives a listing of maximum pressure that varies according to hooks or hookless, for the 25 and 28mm GP5000S TR?
musiclover wrote:
EIE brand - I would not recommend them. They have ambitions to be an A brand right on top with LB, Farsports and Winspace. But they lack the quality control for that. Their mould shapes look a bit similar to LB's and they all come from the same city, they refuse to disclose the level of their cooperation. Might be all the same factory.
If it is the same factory, then would the QC really vary though? If there's one thing Farsports seems to have done well, it's consistent quality. Presumably you're happy enough with your rims that you ride them - what gives you concern?

musiclover

by musiclover

tjvirden wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am
Lol! We've already been through this: If you want to run a non-tubeless tire, then you need the hooks to retain it on the rim......

Now I have a question: why do you think Continental gives a listing of maximum pressure that varies according to hooks or hookless, for the 25 and 28mm GP5000S TR?
Maybe you are right about tubes... I do not use them and don't see the point and never will. When I bought the wheelset, I was not considering using non tubeless tyres. Why would you? You can still use the tubeless tyres with tubes, but not the other way around... I just did not think it was possible to blow off a tyre with a tube inside...

Conti GP5000 are really crappy tyres, the sidewall was shedding threads on the set that I had. It specifically says on the tyre that they are not to be used on hookless rims as far as I can remeber. Their bead is really stretchy. Schwalbe Pro One do not have this problem.
musiclover wrote:
If it is the same factory, then would the QC really vary though? If there's one thing Farsports seems to have done well, it's consistent quality. Presumably you're happy enough with your rims that you ride them - what gives you concern?
It is only speculations, no, of course sharing the same factory does not mean same quality. If students share a unit, does this mean that their homework is of the same quality?..
They have not been able to do a "no hole" design properly. Left big hole in rim bed, tried to seal it but it leaked air. Have not said anything about that to me as a customer when I bought them.
This illustrates their attitude to the customer and the level of technical culture.
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

hansotto089

by hansotto089

I am about to buy a set of 58mm Farsport Gravel wheels with Carbon Ti X-hub, and wondering about the best spoke count.

Here are my parameters: wheels will be used 70/30 road vs gravel, also for loaded (+10kg) bikepacking and endurance rides. I am 1.93m, 90kg. No sprinting but regular standing up while climbing.

Spokes will be Cx Sprint rear and Cx Ray front.

I am not sure if 24 holes will be enough or should I go for 28 according to your experience?

KebabKillah

by KebabKillah

tjvirden wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:09 am
KebabKillah wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am
I ordered today the Feder Farsports Hooked 45mm FAR230 hubs. Approximate weight 1260 grams
That weight is definitely a pull factor for Farsports - it really is good! Please let us know how you get on with the wheels after some use.....
I would share photos and the weight once the wheels arrived. And my opinion after several rides.
S-Works Tarmac sl7
Ricca Modelo Uno custom Ultegra di2
Look AL 246 Ultegra 6600
BMC Speedfox Sram NX

Floseph

by Floseph

Does anybody know if there is gonna be a 11/11 sale or Black Friday deals at Farsports this time around?

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Floseph wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:08 am
Does anybody know if there is gonna be a 11/11 sale or Black Friday deals at Farsports this time around?
Just jumped on to ask the same thing! Looking to get another pair after buying my first set a few months back :D
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

Someone can explain why you need to pay $ 130 for EMS delivery on aliexpress, while there is no delivery on Farsport's website?
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

jff

by jff

PUNlSHER wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am
Someone can explain why you need to pay $ 130 for EMS delivery on aliexpress, while there is no delivery on Farsport's website?
When I checked it a few months ago, the final amount (product +shipping) ended up equal. I may think vendors have to pay a fee to aliexpress based on the product value and not on the shipping so it will be beneficial to keep the product price low on aliexpress.
From marketing perspective including the shipping cost in the product price is beneficial, so that's why they won't charge for shipping on their website.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

jff wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 pm
PUNlSHER wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am
When I checked it a few months ago, the final amount (product +shipping) ended up equal. I may think vendors have to pay a fee to aliexpress based on the product value and not on the shipping so it will be beneficial to keep the product price low on aliexpress.
From marketing perspective including the shipping cost in the product price is beneficial, so that's why they won't charge for shipping on their website.
On the https://www.wheelsfar.com/kaze-26mmwide ... p0014.html it cost $859. On https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ak4fgT - $739 + $132 shipping cost..
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

sheepbleat

by sheepbleat

mogwaiboi wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:26 am
Floseph wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:08 am
Just jumped on to ask the same thing! Looking to get another pair after buying my first set a few months back :D
I'd also love this. My gravel bike has been kindly asking me for some new wheels...

Sikter

by Sikter

Planning on ordering Gravel 50mm depth, 30mm ext. width with 24mm ID. Would use it on a road bike in a setup with an inner tube.
Which tyre width option (GP5000) will give the best aero fit? Is 25mm tyre too risky on 24mm ID, or is the 28mm safer option? Would the 28mm blow over 30mm? Maybe 21mm ID Kaze with 28mm ext on a 25mm tyre would be better?

inean

by inean

Any suggestions for a proper tubeless rim tape? My farsports wheels didn't came with a drill hole pressure ...

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk

polpy

by polpy

inean wrote:Any suggestions for a proper tubeless rim tape? My farsports wheels didn't came with a drill hole pressure ...

Tesa 4288 in the needed width https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tesa-4288-Hochr ... 634-2357-0

inean

by inean

polpy wrote:
inean wrote:Any suggestions for a proper tubeless rim tape? My farsports wheels didn't came with a drill hole pressure ...

Tesa 4288 in the needed width https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tesa-4288-Hochr ... 634-2357-0
Thanks. Looks good an available in Europe Image

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com