FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
johnoko

by johnoko

Hi. I want to buy farsport Gravel Wheelset for my gravel bike and put 40mm-43mm tires. But I want to have possibility to put narrower tires to - like 32 mm. Gravel Wheelset has internal width 26mm and I think it's to much for this tire widths. Do you think that Feder series with 21mm internal width is better for this purpose? I want to universal wheelset. Waht is your experiences? Thanks so much

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dom182

by Dom182

Hi all, I've just bought my first Farsport Wheels, and my choice has been Feder FSD40CM-26T-SUD for my Scott Addict RC20...now I'm waiting for it.
I'm sure about wheels, but not the same about the hub. I was on something like DT Swisse 350 (most know) or RD300 (cheaper and lighter).
I rode good reviews about RD230, so in the end I chose the RD300. But I don't know so much about RD300.
Any experience about it? Has anybody tested it?

Thank you

gSporco

by gSporco

johnoko wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:51 am
Hi. I want to buy farsport Gravel Wheelset for my gravel bike and put 40mm-43mm tires. But I want to have possibility to put narrower tires to - like 32 mm. Gravel Wheelset has internal width 26mm and I think it's to much for this tire widths. Do you think that Feder series with 21mm internal width is better for this purpose? I want to universal wheelset. Waht is your experiences? Thanks so much
No problem at all.. the 26mm internal with 32mm will be more than fine.. Zipp 303 FS are 25mm internal and are meant for 28mm and up.. If you get a 21mm internal you will have a bigger problem with lightbulg shape with bigger tires
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

madspalme

by madspalme

farsportssandy wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:17 am
MattMay wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:54 pm
Is Farsports up to speed on what’s going on with all the DT Swiss EXP hub engagement issues? I got a set of Feder 180s and I’m nervously watching/waiting, following the thread amd hoping it doesn’t happen.
If you clean up and apply some grease, it will work normally.
Hi Sandy

I wrote you some days ago about the problem, and you ask me to hear DT swiss.

Cleaning it up will eleminate the problem for a few kilometers or even less. The problem is the loose ratchet get stuck in the freehub due to DT Swiss using too soft a material so the ratchets wear the fixed ratchet and the one in the freehub as well.

I talked to a official DT swiss service center and if you encounter the engagement problem, the wheel should be send to one of their official service centers and they will swab the internal fixed ratchet and provide you with a new loose ratchet and freehub.

Fill out the form and you will be contacted by your local DT Swiss service center
https://www.dtswiss.com/en/ratchet-exp- ... nce-notice

Usernamealex

by Usernamealex

Does anyone know if I can run 25c tires on Feder hookless wheels? They are 22mm internal and 27mm external wide.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

polpy

by polpy

Usernamealex wrote:Does anyone know if I can run 25c tires on Feder hookless wheels? They are 22mm internal and 27mm external wide.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk
Yes you can, but not with any tire. Schwalbe Pro One should be fine.

hmof

by hmof

How is the fit of GP5000 non-tubeless? I'm using the 32mm version and I don't mind that they're wider than the Kaze rims. They fit really easily on my Hunt rims.

Are there any wider disc rims available than the Kaze?

Usernamealex

by Usernamealex

hmof wrote:How is the fit of GP5000 non-tubeless? I'm using the 32mm version and I don't mind that they're wider than the Kaze rims. They fit really easily on my Hunt rims.

Are there any wider disc rims available than the Kaze?
Their gravel rims are wider.

hmof

by hmof

Usernamealex wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:57 am
Their gravel rims are wider.
Thanks found them. Are hookless OK for tubed tyres?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

No hookless is tubeless only

hmof

by hmof

robbosmans wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 am
Thanks, pardon my dumb questions on this. So is a 26mm internal width too wide for a 32mm tyre though? The ETRO ideal rim/tyre width charts say a 26mm internal width is for a 47mm+ tyre.

Usernamealex

by Usernamealex

hmof wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 am
Thanks, pardon my dumb questions on this. So is a 26mm internal width too wide for a 32mm tyre though? The ETRO ideal rim/tyre width charts say a 26mm internal width is for a 47mm+ tyre.
26mm internal width should be able to take 32c tyres easy.
For example, Enve says their 25mm internal width rim can take 27c tyres. I wouldn't worry about the fitment of 32c's.

ddddd1

by ddddd1

I have FS Gravel hooked 24 int/30 ext width, just yesterday I mounted 28&32mm GP5000TLs on them. 28mm tyre is 30,1mm mounted, 32mm widens to 32,6mm. Before them, I had put some old GP4000 S2 28mm, they stretched to almost 34mm.
Few weeks ago an engineer from Tufo replied in one thread that real tyre width should be at least 4mm wider than internal rim width.
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

hmof

by hmof

I haven't had deep rims in ages (apart from 60mm for crit racing years ago). How are 45mm rims for every day riding? I don't want to be fighting too badly in the wind.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com