FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Lighter. Different. 54pt engagement stock

I have and have had so many DT Swiss wheels. Never an issue. But the exp issues kept me away this last time.

I currently have 3 sets of Farsport rims mated to 350 hubs. 2 on mtb. One race bike, one enduro. Zero issues.

Also currently have a DT Swiss XM 1501 (240 hubs) wheelset on my trail bike and a Stumpy with DT Swiss internals.

Live an hour away from their headquarters. Like to support them.

But I also have had zero issues with the two sets of Carbon-Ti wheels I have had. And sometimes you just need something Italian made a different.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

musiclover

by musiclover

yourrealdad wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:21 pm
Lighter. Different. 54pt engagement stock

I have and have had so many DT Swiss wheels. Never an issue. But the exp issues kept me away this last time.

I currently have 3 sets of Farsport rims mated to 350 hubs. 2 on mtb. One race bike, one enduro. Zero issues.

Also currently have a DT Swiss XM 1501 (240 hubs) wheelset on my trail bike and a Stumpy with DT Swiss internals.

Live an hour away from their headquarters. Like to support them.

But I also have had zero issues with the two sets of Carbon-Ti wheels I have had. And sometimes you just need something Italian made a different.
Is it any different in terms of ride experience? Is it easier to service? IS it's shape better in tersm dust and dirt collection?
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Never had to service them.

DT is about as simple as it gets

RadB

by RadB

I thought carbon ti, apart from being lighter, had wider flange width and higher quality bearings stock. Downside is the preload requirement and being Italian.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

I've had 3 rides on my new Feder 45's with rd230 hubs and I'm very impressed. The wheels weighed 1222 grams and I mounted GP5k 28mm clinchers with Pirelli TPU tubes on my Caledonia 5. So my 3 rides totaled 200 miles and about 7k' elevation gain and averaged about 20.8mph so they feel plenty fast and aero considering the shallower depth but I prefer 45mm over my Zipp FC404 on my Pinarello F12. The wheels fell stiff enough for my 76kg riding weight and spoke tension seems to be good currently even though I've been riding chip seal and lots of rough pavement. My main concern will be how the bearing hold up if I ride in rain or dirty surfaces with these hubs. I'm using my Caledonia as my Travel bike so it gets transported in my Scicon bag when I fly for work and I never know what the weather conditions may be for a given ride. I'll update later next week as I'll be riding high alpine climbs in Colorado where the elevation and low wheel weight will make these a dream on the longer and steeper climbs of Copper Triangle and Triple Bypass.
Attachments
image0.jpeg
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

RadB wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:20 am
I thought carbon ti, apart from being lighter, had wider flange width and higher quality bearings stock. Downside is the preload requirement and being Italian.
Never had issues with either bearings so can't speak to longevity issues cause never had any. Preload has always been spot on from stock, don't know why being Italian is a downside and I would bet most Italians would disagree with you.

Is the downside of DT that they are Swiss?

Was converting my gravel bike to wax today and was pulling the e13 cassette off and it pulled the whole frehub body off the 350 hub. That is how easy they are to work on.

RadB

by RadB

Fair challenge, and for disclosure having worked on aprilias and Ducati, and also Suzuki's, kwakas and Yamaha's...my experience is irreversibly biased. It is night and day. Do I trust leading Swiss companies to uphold cultural values associated with precision and quality, yes I do.

hiro11

by hiro11

I ordered a set of 56mm Revos with 240 EXPs from Wheelsfar in January. I've put about 4k miles on them since and I liked them so much I just bought a set of 50mm Revos on the same hubs for a new crit bike I'm building (haven't received those yet).

These rims are very light, the wheels are very stiff feeling out of the saddle, the build quality is top notch and the finish layup is nicely done. I also like the solid rim beds as I'm a road tubeless fan and can't stand dealing with rim tape. I run GP5KTL 28s tubeless on the 56s at about 75 psi and the tires measure out to right around 29mm on these rims. The 50mm Revos are 1mm wider so I'd imagine the tires will blow out to 30mm on them. I also like the lack of decals on these wheels... One downside: the 56s get a little flighty in strong cross winds. Perhaps to be expected at this depth, but the ENVE SES 4.5s I have on another bike seem to deal a bit better with crosswinds.

I'm not a heavy rider but I somehow tend to destroy rear hubs and have stuck with star-ratchet-based DT Swiss designs for years. I was initially concerned about the 240 EXPs due to the issues with the first batches, but these ones have been very solid. I considered both Winspace Hypers and Elite Drives, but several friends have had issues with their hubs (both makers) or rims cracking (particularly the Elites). Hunts are significantly cheaper and seem reliable. Other friends have had good luck with Light Bicycle, which are surprisingly expensive for a Chinese OEM. I considered both the Hunts and LBs, but I figured why move away from the Revos for the wheels I just ordered if the first set worked out well.

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

Has anyone had a Farsports wheelset order shipped to the USA via EMS recently? If so, approximately how long did it take from the time the order was dispatched from Farsports until you received it?

I have ordered from Farsport in the past and it's been 1-3 weeks usually, but with the ongoing global supply chain disruption and transport delays, plus lockdowns happening again in China, I am wondering if EMS is worth considering right now.

biwa

by biwa

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:40 pm
Has anyone had a Farsports wheelset order shipped to the USA via EMS recently? If so, approximately how long did it take from the time the order was dispatched from Farsports until you received it?

I have ordered from Farsport in the past and it's been 1-3 weeks usually, but with the ongoing global supply chain disruption and transport delays, plus lockdowns happening again in China, I am wondering if EMS is worth considering right now.
IIRC, EMS shipment flies with passenger flights. Given the pandemic measures still in place in China, I'd imagine international passenger flights in/out of China are pretty infrequent, so there will be delay.

Aress

by Aress

Hello guys,

I just received a pair of REVO 56 with RD230 hubs
And the bearings especially in the rear feel awfull

Is it normal, did any of you have this issue
Thanks

itapersita

by itapersita

Hi, last July I got hit by a car and in the collision the front wheels was damaged. Now the insurance is willing to pay me for the bike but they want me to pay just for one wheel. Do you know if Farsports sell just a single wheel instead of the pair? The wheel is a Feder disc brake dt Swiss 240. I tried to write them but no reply so far.

Lakal

by Lakal

Yes, they sold me one wheel two years ago.

timmerrr

by timmerrr

Been riding Feder 35s with RD230 Hubs for about 5 months now. Front wheel bearings are completely shot. Probably 4000 miles and only 1 ride in the rain. They have play in them and the balls have disintegrated. Kinda disappointed, but not surpised. Probably cheap bearings with no external bearing covers.
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itapersita

by itapersita

Lakal wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:21 pm
Yes, they sold me one wheel two years ago.
I hope this is still valid. I wrote them on WhatsApp using the phone number from here:

https://www.wheelsfar.com/contact-a0048.html

But still no reply since yesterday