FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

rothwem wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:03 pm
Has anyone ordered a set of these recently? I put in an order at the end of March and was pretty excited to see that they shipped two weeks later, but according to the tracking, they've been stuck at the port since the 17th of April.

Any idea what the typical hold time in customs is? I'm in the USA (North Carolina)
If the port is Shanghai, it is not moving. China is basically shut down because of Covid. There are 1000's of ships waiting and it will take a long time for them to arrive. My order shipped quickly as well but I am not expecting them till the summers end.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

vinc

by vinc

tunaseng wrote:Anybody using a revo wheelset with dt240 to give some reviews?
Not Revo but Kaze with dt240’s one or two months now and I have to say the dt240’s are some fine hubs. Very, very smooth and I very much like the looks :-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rothwem

by rothwem

Vespasianus wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:03 pm
rothwem wrote:
Has anyone ordered a set of these recently? I put in an order at the end of March and was pretty excited to see that they shipped two weeks later, but according to the tracking, they've been stuck at the port since the 17th of April.

Any idea what the typical hold time in customs is? I'm in the USA (North Carolina)
If the port is Shanghai, it is not moving. China is basically shut down because of Covid. There are 1000's of ships waiting and it will take a long time for them to arrive. My order shipped quickly as well but I am not expecting them till the summers end.
Tracking just updated, they're supposed to be delivered today.

As for which port they were chillin at, I'm not sure. They came into the US via New York though.

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

rothwem wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:54 pm
Vespasianus wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:03 pm
rothwem wrote:

Tracking just updated, they're supposed to be delivered today.

As for which port they were chillin at, I'm not sure. They came into the US via New York though.
I think they are actually flying these. Mine were updated as well and appear to being transported by air.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

Same. Says Plane in port

rothwem

by rothwem

Well they're in, but I forgot to get rotor lockrings. They look pretty dope on my Crux though. Brake rotors only slow you down, right?
3924CF7D-8D3E-4472-A6B7-94BD0E9EB837.jpeg
Oh and they're pretty "aero" looking with a set of 28mm Michelin Pro4 Endurance tires on. I'm planning on getting better tires when these wear out, but I was curious how a 28mm tire looked on a 25mm internal rim.
1FE17B51-F09D-46F5-8C8B-5F7583EEB2AB.jpeg

Basscadet

by Basscadet

81kg rider here looking for a 35mm depth Feder hookless rim for my Aethos. I want a bombproof wheel with a loud hub (they help on bike paths), my riding is on crap-quality pavement.

Is the FSD35CM-27T-SUD with the DT 240 EXP and the 24 spokes the correct wheel for my use case? Or am I going to have a better experience with another Farsport wheel/hub/spokes? Weight is important, yes, but not getting flatted 40km from my home is also important.

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Basscadet wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:57 am
81kg rider here looking for a 35mm depth Feder hookless rim for my Aethos. I want a bombproof wheel with a loud hub (they help on bike paths), my riding is on crap-quality pavement.

Is the FSD35CM-27T-SUD with the DT 240 EXP and the 24 spokes the correct wheel for my use case? Or am I going to have a better experience with another Farsport wheel/hub/spokes? Weight is important, yes, but not getting flatted 40km from my home is also important.
My DT240 has almost no freehub noise. 24 spokes rear wheel at your weight is not considered bomb proof, get the 28 spoke rear if you can.

polpy

by polpy

Dt240exp is pretty loud, i have the 24 hole 35mm hooked version of the feder and cant complain.

Aesch

by Aesch

Basscadet wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:57 am

More spokes if you want bombproof in the list of expected characteristics. Dt240 is noisy if you upgrade the ratchet.

beswiss

by beswiss

First ride on hookless Feder 35mm rims with schwalbe Pro one and galfer 160 rotors / rd230 hubs.
Mounting the tires was rather easy. Seating them as well with just a floor pump.
Very windy day so good test vs my Light Bicycle AR 56 wheels. Noticeably easier to handle in gusty wind conditions.
Satisfied so far :D
IMG_20220508_181417_926.jpg
C'dale SuperSix Evo Sram Red, Cube Agree GTC Race SL, Granville MTB XT

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

If you want a loud hub go Chris King (also bomb proof). Carbon-ti is louder than DT. If you go DT then just put less grease or a freehub oil in it and it will be louder.

81kg isn't big. I am about 73-77kg and never has an issue with hubs or rims, but I also try really hard to avoid potholes.

Basscadet

by Basscadet

beswiss wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:07 pm
First ride on hookless Feder 35mm rims with schwalbe Pro one and galfer 160 rotors / rd230 hubs.
Mounting the tires was rather easy. Seating them as well with just a floor pump.
Very windy day so good test vs my Light Bicycle AR 56 wheels. Noticeably easier to handle in gusty wind conditions.
Satisfied so far :D

IMG_20220508_181417_926.jpg
STUNNING bike. Just wow.

Basscadet

by Basscadet

yourrealdad wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:13 am
If you want a loud hub go Chris King (also bomb proof). Carbon-ti is louder than DT. If you go DT then just put less grease or a freehub oil in it and it will be louder.

81kg isn't big. I am about 73-77kg and never has an issue with hubs or rims, but I also try really hard to avoid potholes.
Thank you for your (and everyone else's) guidance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Basscadet wrote:81kg rider here looking for a 35mm depth Feder hookless rim for my Aethos. I want a bombproof wheel with a loud hub (they help on bike paths), my riding is on crap-quality pavement.

I weigh 95kg (but rapidly dropping and I’m really tall lol) and I have those exact wheels but with 28 spokes in the rear. They seem pretty strong and are very stiff. The freehub is nearly silent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro