FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
nickf

by nickf

yungillmatic wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:22 pm
Argh, cracked my rear wheel on a sharp rock. Does anyone know if there is any kind of crash replacement plan in place?
That's one hell of a hit it took. I know the feeling. As far as I know, there is no crash replacement program. My rear wheel was destroyed in a crash and I had to pay full price and shipping for a replacement rim. Still cheaper than paying +3x the amount for a "name brand" wheelset that offers a crash replacement.

Bussinit

by Bussinit

Hi All, First post I think... Long time lurker, about 8 years on and off :oops: .

Feder 25mm Disc Wheels/rims - I don’t see much talk of them in this or any other threads. Wondered if anyone here has experience with riding them and i've missed their comments?

The reason for my interest in them is I'm simply looking for the lightest disc wheel I can find without ending up with something to flexible that's going to feel too soft on hard descending.

Aero isn't too much of a concern here for local climbing speeds so the 19mm internal/26mm external with 25mm clinchers will not keep me up at night wondering whether I should have gone wider.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Defy

by Defy

I received my wheels today and the box was badly damaged. It mostly looks like the box got wet during transport. The wheels do not have any obvious damage. What should I should look for beyond obviously damaged spokes or carbon?
Attachments
01B50B62-4E62-47B3-B13E-344D03C9F891.jpeg
7CB0C638-DEDE-4F20-A827-FF53CACA22D2.jpeg

nickf

by nickf

Defy wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 am
I received my wheels today and the box was badly damaged. It mostly looks like the box got wet during transport. The wheels do not have any obvious damage. What should I should look for beyond obviously damaged spokes or carbon?
Check spoke nipple holes, spoke hub flanges closely. Make sure there are no bends in the spokes or stress cracks. If they really did take a hit during shipping. Other than that if they are true go for a ride. Box doesn't look too bad. Now if the freehub body was poking through the box on arrival then I would be concerned.

musiclover

by musiclover

Farsports don't do anything similar/as advanced as LB's new AR465?..
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Defy wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:01 am
That box looks like it swam to you. That packaging appears to have been "augmented" as well. AFAIK Farsports does not pack wheels like that. At least neither of my two sets looked like that - the plastic, the strapping, not to mention the condition of the cardboard. No doubt your wheels had an adventure en-route. The good news is that barring some impact damage it shouldn't matter. The wheels are pretty tough. As long as they weren't submerged in salt water....
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Aesch

by Aesch

My wheels just arrived and indeed the packaging looks different. The box is the same but not the extra straps and plastic.

card0s

by card0s

Just to add to the previous discussion, I received my Farsports F1 handlebars and the box also had plastic straps.
I should receive my wheelset this week.
On a side note, the handlebars had a defect near the headtube junction (whatever the correct name is).
It is mostly cosmetic, but they will send me a new one (and I will send this one back).

ullmanz

by ullmanz

Aesch wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:15 pm
I ordered 12th of may and my order is now waiting for flights (tracking says flight delayed). Also to Europe.
How long did it take for you to receive the wheels in the end?
Did you also use WXY duty paid shipping?
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

Aesch

by Aesch

ullmanz wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:11 am
Aesch wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:15 pm
I ordered 12th of may and my order is now waiting for flights (tracking says flight delayed). Also to Europe.
How long did it take for you to receive the wheels in the end?
Did you also use WXY duty paid shipping?
Yes wxy, last mile is done by DpD.

Arrival 24th of june.

otnemem

by otnemem

musiclover wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:07 am
"Advanced", "gimmicky"... Opinions seem to differ. And all we have is opinions since there's no science published.

But I'm sure they'll do it if the market so demands.

musiclover

by musiclover

otnemem wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:16 am
musiclover wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:07 am
"Advanced", "gimmicky"... Opinions seem to differ. And all we have is opinions since there's no science published.

But I'm sure they'll do it if the market so demands.
They do better in the tube.
I do not understand why they refused to do the crosswind test though, they said "no" without explaining why.
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

RDY

by RDY

Most likely because it's pure marketing tech. Also if as they claim they did thorough testing with a Chinese University, then I'm sure they did, at multiple angles and speeds, and against multiple products. They're not showing anything useful because it didn't perform well - there isn't any other reasonable explanation. So instead they make fantastical claims about performance.

otnemem

by otnemem

Exactly - Occam's razor.

stringbean

by stringbean

Bussinit wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:33 am
Hi All, First post I think... Long time lurker, about 8 years on and off :oops: .

Feder 25mm Disc Wheels/rims - I don’t see much talk of them in this or any other threads. Wondered if anyone here has experience with riding them and i've missed their comments?

The reason for my interest in them is I'm simply looking for the lightest disc wheel I can find without ending up with something to flexible that's going to feel too soft on hard descending.

Aero isn't too much of a concern here for local climbing speeds so the 19mm internal/26mm external with 25mm clinchers will not keep me up at night wondering whether I should have gone wider.
Was in the same position as you looking for the lightest pair of disc wheels available.Ended up going for the 30mm hooked version (rd230 hub).Went for the hooked version as it gives me the ability to run a tubless tire AND if need be a normal tire with tube.The extra 80g for peace of mind was worth it.Had wheels for 8 months and absolutely love them.No problem with hubs.I have a pair of 45's as well and love both sets.Weight for both wheels were pretty close to advertised.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com