FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
card0s

by card0s

card0s wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:45 pm
Just to add to the previous discussion, I received my Farsports F1 handlebars and the box also had plastic straps.
I should receive my wheelset this week.
On a side note, the handlebars had a defect near the headtube junction (whatever the correct name is).
It is mostly cosmetic, but they will send me a new one (and I will send this one back).
Followup update:
The wheelset arrived today, the box was good, with some scuffs expected from transportation, but really well packaged as seen from other people's pictures.

Ordered the wheels on the 12th of May, via email with Windy
They are built with gravel rims (FS50/30GH-700C - Hooked gravel) - 50mm deep, 30mm external, 24mm internal - mounted with the FAR D230 hubs with steel bearings, Sapim cx-ray spokes, and XDR12 speed body.

Quoted weight was 1270g/set+/-30g and they came in at 1284g, which is pretty good to me.

A quick inspection revealed some tiny imperfections, should I be worried?

Here are a couple more pics:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

polpy

by polpy

card0s wrote:
card0s wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:45 pm
Just to add to the previous discussion, I received my Farsports F1 handlebars and the box also had plastic straps.
I should receive my wheelset this week.
On a side note, the handlebars had a defect near the headtube junction (whatever the correct name is).
It is mostly cosmetic, but they will send me a new one (and I will send this one back).
Followup update:
The wheelset arrived today, the box was good, with some scuffs expected from transportation, but really well packaged as seen from other people's pictures.

Ordered the wheels on the 12th of May, via email with Windy
They are built with gravel rims (FS50/30GH-700C - Hooked gravel) - 50mm deep, 30mm external, 24mm internal - mounted with the FAR D230 hubs with steel bearings, Sapim cx-ray spokes, and XDR12 speed body.

Quoted weight was 1270g/set+/-30g and they came in at 1284g, which is pretty good to me.

A quick inspection revealed some tiny imperfections, should I be worried?

Here are a couple more pics:
Thats normal for carbon rims, my Enve have the same. Image

card0s

by card0s

polpy wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 am
Thats normal for carbon rims, my Enve have the same. Image
That's good to know, thanks!
I will mount them, hopefully later today, with some bling oil slick Muc-off tubeless valves and oil slick Fouriers disc rotors :shock:
BTW, in the box were additional spokes, some washers, and a pair of tubeless valves, pretty nice!

michael432000

by michael432000

My wheels arrived safely at my home in England yesterday (Monday 5th July) and they look really good. Here's the WXY tracking information for anyone interested, it's the prepaid tax option.

sworkser

by sworkser

if you are intrested in MTB Wheels i also reviewed a Farsports MTB Wheelset:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=166085&p=1670753#p1670753

ullmanz

by ullmanz

Your shipment seems to be at a similar speed than mine.
My wheels took super long to even get picked up.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 2.05.07 PM.png
Let's see how long it will take them to get to Spain. Spanish customs are super slow even prepaid.
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

Jigzy99

by Jigzy99

michael432000 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:10 am
My wheels arrived safely at my home in England yesterday (Monday 5th July) and they look really good. Here's the WXY tracking information for anyone interested, it's the prepaid tax option.

Hi, hope you are enjoying the wheels. Can I ask how you managed to get the prepaid tax option as I can't see it as an option on checkout? Do you know how much you saved doing it this way? I see you are in Devon - me too, but down in Plymouth.

Thanks.

Bussinit

by Bussinit

stringbean wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:09 pm
Bussinit wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:33 am
Hi All, First post I think... Long time lurker, about 8 years on and off :oops: .

Feder 25mm Disc Wheels/rims - I don’t see much talk of them in this or any other threads. Wondered if anyone here has experience with riding them and i've missed their comments?

The reason for my interest in them is I'm simply looking for the lightest disc wheel I can find without ending up with something to flexible that's going to feel too soft on hard descending.

Aero isn't too much of a concern here for local climbing speeds so the 19mm internal/26mm external with 25mm clinchers will not keep me up at night wondering whether I should have gone wider.
Was in the same position as you looking for the lightest pair of disc wheels available.Ended up going for the 30mm hooked version (rd230 hub).Went for the hooked version as it gives me the ability to run a tubless tire AND if need be a normal tire with tube.The extra 80g for peace of mind was worth it.Had wheels for 8 months and absolutely love them.No problem with hubs.I have a pair of 45's as well and love both sets.Weight for both wheels were pretty close to advertised.
Much apprecaited!

michael432000

by michael432000

Jigzy99 wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:42 am
michael432000 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:10 am

Hi, hope you are enjoying the wheels. Can I ask how you managed to get the prepaid tax option as I can't see it as an option on checkout? Do you know how much you saved doing it this way? I see you are in Devon - me too, but down in Plymouth.

Thanks.

Hi jigzy.

I wanted their Alps series rims for an older classic bike so I simply emailed and asked how much for those rims with Carbon-Ti hubs and CX-Ray CX-Sprint spokes. They sent me an invoice for $970 which included postage and all UK taxes prepaid and after a couple of weeks musing and researching I decided to go for it. I got them to send me a payment request through PayPal and I paid about £720. I haven’t tried the wheels yet but they look really nice and they are very true. Hopefully try them out next week.

jokerpt50

by jokerpt50

Just ordered Feders with carbon it hubs. I have seen various people say in general with new wheels to apply some grease to hub. Any advice here should I do it with these or is it only certain hubs? Thanks!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

You don't need to do anything to CarbonTi hubs. That said, the ratchet mech is loud and if you know what you are doing you can add a bit of the right type of grease to quiet them down a bit. I found my end caps were a bit dry so I added a bit of grease there as well.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ullmanz

by ullmanz

what about the DT240EXP hub wheels? what should we grease when receiving them? I should be getting mine this or next week probably

robbosmans

by robbosmans

They should be greased already, no need to grease anything.

Does anyone have a sound clip of the rd230 hubs?

ullmanz

by ullmanz

I received my wheels the other day:
45mm deep Feder wheels with DT Swiss 240 EXP

Front wheel: 635g
Back wheel: 724g
-> Total of 1359g

So they came 11g under the claimed weight :)
Love the feeling so far. The hub sounds very different to my previous wheels. The other one was consistently loud, this one has like a sound 'curve'.
Will definitely get used to it at some point. Right now it feels weird.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GeoffS

by GeoffS

ullmanz wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:25 pm
I received my wheels the other day:
45mm deep Feder wheels with DT Swiss 240 EXP

The hub sounds very different to my previous wheels. this one has like a sound 'curve'.
You better go read up on the "240 EXP engagement problem" thread...