FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

Hey guys any ideas how many days until delivery after seeing something like this?

Processed Through ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

nickf

by nickf

Mine spent 10 days in customs.

December 24th delivered

December 21, 2021, 4:01 pm
Inbound Out of Customs

December 21, 2021, 3:59 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Inbound Into Customs

December 11, 2021, 9:59 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mtlbiker111

by Mtlbiker111

Hi

I am buying a pair of feder 50 19mm width with dt-Swiss 240 exp for my first cabin wheels.

I have read through most of the comments here and I found most of the ppl are buying the feder 45 with 27mm/28mm width. Just wondering what would are the differences between those two?

And also what'd be the best way or cheapest way to pay without being charge too much additional fee? I am east Canada.

Thank you

Aesch

by Aesch

27 is hookless, 28 is hooked rim

michael432000

by michael432000

ckspark wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:34 am
Has anyone from the UK ordered Wheels from Farsports since Brexit? What were the shipping, Vat and imports charges approximately?
May 2021.

Wheels: $768
Shipping to UK via WXY with custom tax prepaid: $160
PayPal handling fee: $43
Total: $971

My debit card took £716.52

Very pleased with the wheels.

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Just wondered if there was anymore user feedback on the 50mm gravel wheels?
Torn between these and lightbicycle AR56/WR50 will be solely used on the road with a 28mm tyre

ccie6872

by ccie6872

I assume wheelsfar.com and farsports.com are one of the same? One is prebuilt with their hubs vs custom?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Wheelsfar is their webshop, I think farsports is more for oem’s, correct me if I’m wrong

OlieSimpson

by OlieSimpson

daninplymouth wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:57 pm
Torn between these and lightbicycle AR56/WR50 will be solely used on the road with a 28mm tyre
Hey Dan,

I've got a set of the 50mm gravel wheels (FS50/30G-700C Hooked) laced to Bitex 312 hubs with Spaim CX-Ray spokes and brass nipples. From memory the total weight of my set is around 1440g which I was very happy with considering they're 50mm rims on average weight hubs. You could easily drop another 150-200g with lighter hubs and aluminum nipples if you're looking for a lighter wheelset.

I've done around 4,000km of tarmac miles (have not taken them off road) in all sorts of conditions and they're still exactly the same as the day I first put them on. Perfectly true and the hub bearings are nice and smooth. I can't comment on how they'd stand up for actual gravel use however for the road they have been fantastic.

My order process from FarSports also took around 15 days in total, from placing the order to receiving the box in the Netherlands, again was impressed with this.

I have them built with Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance TLR tyres (28c Front and Rear), Orange Seal tubeless valves and Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex sealant. It's been a great set-up that retains air really well (I usually only need to add a few PSI every week or two).

In the 4,000km's I've only had one issue where the tyre was ripped by a bit of glass, however nothing would have withstood this, tubeless, tubed etc.

Overall i would VERY highly recommend the set-up, which I honestly think cannot be beaten in terms of quality x price x weight ratio.

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

OlieSimpson wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:47 am
daninplymouth wrote:
Hey Dan,

I've got a set of the 50mm gravel wheels (FS50/30G-700C Hooked) laced to Bitex 312 hubs with Spaim CX-Ray spokes and brass nipples. From memory the total weight of my set is around 1440g which I was very happy with considering they're 50mm rims on average weight hubs. You could easily drop another 150-200g with lighter hubs and aluminum nipples if you're looking for a lighter wheelset.

I've done around 4,000km of tarmac miles (have not taken them off road) in all sorts of conditions and they're still exactly the same as the day I first put them on. Perfectly true and the hub bearings are nice and smooth. I can't comment on how they'd stand up for actual gravel use however for the road they have been fantastic.

My order process from FarSports also took around 15 days in total, from placing the order to receiving the box in the Netherlands, again was impressed with this.

I have them built with Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance TLR tyres (28c Front and Rear), Orange Seal tubeless valves and Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex sealant. It's been a great set-up that retains air really well (I usually only need to add a few PSI every week or two).

In the 4,000km's I've only had one issue where the tyre was ripped by a bit of glass, however nothing would have withstood this, tubeless, tubed etc.

Overall i would VERY highly recommend the set-up, which I honestly think cannot be beaten in terms of quality x price x weight ratio.
Thanks Ollie that's the sort of answer I was looking for. I am going to place my order for these wheels just waiting for an email from farsports then they'll be on their way. Did yours have drain holes fitted? as I'm not sure if farsports offer this

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Duplicate

OlieSimpson

by OlieSimpson

daninplymouth wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:46 pm
OlieSimpson wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:47 am
daninplymouth wrote:
Hey Dan,

Thanks Ollie that's the sort of answer I was looking for. I am going to place my order for these wheels just waiting for an email from farsports then they'll be on their way. Did yours have drain holes fitted? as I'm not sure if farsports offer this
No worries at all, I'm sure you've love the wheels once they arrive!

Yes my wheels came with drain holes (situated about 2 spokes to the left of the valve opening) which I think are standard for the gravel rims. I'm pretty sure they work as even after riding in as close to a tropical monsoon as you can get in the Netherlands for 2 plus hours I still didn't have any water sloshing around the rims.

The rims also come without any spoke holes drilled in to the inner rim bed which I found a big plus as it means no rim tape is needed for a tubless set up.

The only 'custom' request I made to Farsports was to have the rims with no stickers which they were happy to do, they also removed the stickers from the hubs so mine are about as stealth as you can get.

daninplymouth

by daninplymouth

Iv placed my order for the 50/30 rims with DT240 hubs. I was torn between these and lightbicycle WR50 however LB couldn't give a date for getting any more 28spoke hubs in and I really wanted that for the rear. Also these worked out quite a lot cheaper so fingers crossed the quality is as good as I'm hoping. It seems they add drain holes as standard although they don't mention this anywhere. Have gone for the Matte 70% finish as the standard finished seemed really full on the photo they sent me, anyone seen the two finishes to compare?

farsportssandy

by farsportssandy

ccie6872 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:07 pm
I assume wheelsfar.com and farsports.com are one of the same? One is prebuilt with their hubs vs custom?
farsports.com is for FAR brand, they are with fixed specs and Farsports own developed hubs. 95% are in stock ready for ship in 2-3 days.

wheelsfar.com are all customzied wheels, only hubs & spokes are in stock, Farsports produces the rims upon each order. Production lead-time is normally 20-25 working days.

farsportssandy

by farsportssandy

PoorCyclist wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:41 am
Hey guys any ideas how many days until delivery after seeing something like this?

Processed Through ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Production lead-time depends on which model you take.
EMS is not stable, but it's now much faster than 1 month ago.
DHL takes about 7-10 days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com