FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
polpy

by polpy

romanmoser wrote:shitty design for these hubs
lol
I would not say its shitty design, but if you wanna build superlight hubs, you have to reduce the amount of material.
I would not buy those hubs because imho its stupid to skip that cover for 10g or what, but some people may look different at that. I personally run "heavy" chris king hubs on my feder, but also know that these hubs will still be fine in 10 years, which i dont think will be the case for the farsports hubs :)

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

I tend to agree, but it's also going to be an interesting experiment in durability, as I'll probably run these hubs through a British winter (within reason, nobody likes getting soaked...). So far they've been without fault in the dry.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Maddie

by Maddie

Around 3500km on my feders with rd230 hubs now (35mm deep, 1140g the set). Still very happy with them apart from the loud freehub. I also used them last winter with salty roads. When it is wet, then I rinse them down when back home. Bearings still in very good condition (standard, not ceramic).
The rear wheel started to creak under power after a couple months. First I thought it was the endcaps but it was the spokes. Lubed the spoke heads, creak disappeared.
67kg, 1000w sprints max.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

carbon ti despite having broken the front and rear on a light alu rim brake build
are much better sealed

RDY

by RDY

romanmoser wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:48 pm
carbon ti despite having broken the front and rear on a light alu rim brake build
are much better sealed
I hear a lot of people talking about carbon-ti hubs breaking these days, either at the flanges or hub body. Has this always been a thing or is it recent?

I know Tune had a period a few years ago when their flanges seemed to be very delicate ... but haven't heard anything lately (maybe because they're much less popular than they were?).

nickf

by nickf

RDY wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:20 pm
romanmoser wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:48 pm
are much better sealed
I hear a lot of people talking about carbon-ti hubs breaking these days, either at the flanges or hub body. Has this always been a thing or is it recent?

I know Tune had a period a few years ago when their flanges seemed to be very delicate ... but haven't heard anything lately (maybe because they're much less popular than they were?).
I had a rear Carbon-Ti flange pop only after a couple of months of ownership. Recently the front flange developed a crack at one of the spoke holes. Carbon Ti thinks the rear was due to over tensioning, not sure about the front. But between Farsorts and Carbon Ti they got me replacement parts for both incidents. No issues for over 2 years with my farsports disc wheels built with novatec hubs. Could have been Farsports building them incorrectly, but I'm still kinda put off by Carbon-Ti after my experience to be honest. I wont be getting those hubs again.

gruppetto

by gruppetto

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing a particularly noisy disc brake with the RD230 hub?

It seems that I can not fix the squealing of my rear disc. I swapped the whole wheel and the setup is silent, but swapping rotors, pads and so on, with the RD230 hub does not fix the noise.

itapersita

by itapersita

Hello, I have bought a kaze disc set for my road bike but maybe I made a mistake because I choose the 21 mm internal rim width. Someone has been able to use 25 mm tyres with this width? If I look at the ETRTO standard maybe only Schwalbe advices to use them, other brands do not allow.

polpy

by polpy

itapersita wrote:Hello, I have bought a kaze disc set for my road bike but maybe I made a mistake because I choose the 21 mm internal rim width. Someone has been able to use 25 mm tyres with this width? If I look at the ETRTO standard maybe only Schwalbe advices to use them, other brands do not allow.
You are fine, i have the 21/28 feder and have no issues with 25mm Schwalbe Pro One, 26mm Pirelli or 25/28 Veloflex.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

I use 25mm GP5000 on 21mm internal rim.
No issues. Measures exactly 28mm when fitted.

Bussinit

by Bussinit

Received my Feder Wheelset last week, thought I'd share the rub.

Feder 30mm
28mm wide external
far 230 hubs
standard spokes
1107g
XDR freewheel a little stiff to begin with, applied extra grease and went for a spin and problem solved.

25mm Vittoria blow up to 28mm wide

sheepbleat

by sheepbleat

Just an FYI to my fellow Farsports fans: Sounds like a Farsports rim manufacturing facility in Xiamen is temporarly closed due to a spike of Delta variant cases in the city.

Emma at Farsports was kind enough to let me know, as I've got a set of Feder 25 rims with DT 180 EXP hubs on order. She mentioned that they hoped to be back to normal in 1-2 weeks.

Hope everyone is safe out there.

Weber

by Weber

TribesMan wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:44 am
I use 25mm GP5000 on 21mm internal rim.
No issues. Measures exactly 28mm when fitted.
How much PSI do you use?

TribesMan

by TribesMan

5bar front and 5.5bar rear. (72/80psi)
And complete system weight is 88kg.

tiz92

by tiz92

So any reviews and feedback on their rd230 hubs? the exposed bearings bother me a bit but if you say it is fine I will probably go for them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com