FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
Maddie

by Maddie

I did a small review a couple of postings back

tiz92

by tiz92

I ordered today 40mm deep 26mm wide feder wheels with rd230 hubs. I choose those hubs for price and weight as I will use them mostly for race days with lots of climbing, for flats I have deeps wheels.

Looking forward to them and will report then here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

George46GR

by George46GR

Does anyone have experience with the (rear) disk brake TT disk wheel made by farsports ? Thanx anyway !
2023 Cervelo S5, size 56, sapphire/ice

sheepbleat

by sheepbleat

Got an update on Farsports production this AM: They can resume production after there are 0 new COVID cases in Xiamen for 14 days.

There were 0 new cases today, so I'll cross my fingers for the next 13 days.

tiz92

by tiz92

Really? Sandy told me 2 days ago that they passed my order to production. Doesnt seem closed. We will see. Next week is public holyday though so closed. But I can wait.

sheepbleat

by sheepbleat

tiz92 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 am
Really? Sandy told me 2 days ago that they passed my order to production. Doesnt seem closed. We will see. Next week is public holyday though so closed. But I can wait.
Damn. Maybe your order is being made in a different factory?

I've been emailing with Emma and she's been really responsive but also pretty clear that my order's not even starting production until there are 14 days of 0 new cases in Xiamen.

Definitely bummed because I think this order's going to take 2-3 months if I'm lucky, but I can't really complain considering the circumstances. Happy to wait if it means the team can stay safe and slow the spread.

tiz92

by tiz92

sheepbleat wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:06 am
tiz92 wrote:

I've been emailing with Emma and she's been really responsive but also pretty clear that my order's not even starting production until there are 14 days of 0 new cases in Xiamen.

Definitely bummed because I think this order's going to take 2-3 months if I'm lucky, but I can't really complain considering the circumstances. Happy to wait if it means the team can stay safe and slow the spread.
Can I may ask which rim you ordered? Yes also for me in the end it wouldnt matter to wait more. Just "need" the wheelset for the next raceseason which will not start earlier than mid march 2022.

Last races of this season will be on Roval Rapide CL. First world problems :D

sheepbleat

by sheepbleat

tiz92 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:07 am
sheepbleat wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:06 am
tiz92 wrote:

Can I may ask which rim you ordered? Yes also for me in the end it wouldnt matter to wait more. Just "need" the wheelset for the next raceseason which will not start earlier than mid march 2022.

Last races of this season will be on Roval Rapide CL. First world problems :D
Hah! I couldn't agree more. I'm finishing out the year on Ksyrium Pros. My life is one of luxury. I guess I can wait.

I ordered a Feder rim brake wheelset that's 25mm deep. 20H front rim, 24H rear.

My gut feeling is they probably don't keep a huge inventory of rim brake rims these days. That's what I get for being a luddite.

kompromesso

by kompromesso

I'm thinking about a set of Ventoux Disc, but not sure to go for the complete S4 wheelset or instead buy rims only. Looking for a wheel which doesnt suffer too much from crosswind amidst the medium/high profiles. How would look a Ventoux rim with, say, Novatec or dt240, and DT Aerolite spokes?

KebabKillah

by KebabKillah

Hello everyone !
I would like your opinion on the Farsport Feder Hookless?
What type of tires do you have, the size, the pressure, if you have any leaks etc ...
And also your opinions on the FAR 230 hubs?

Ideally I would like to order a 45mm Hookless pair to mount 25mm tubless tyres.
S-Works Tarmac sl7
Ricca Modelo Uno custom Ultegra di2
Look AL 246 Ultegra 6600
BMC Speedfox Sram NX

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Hooked is better, hookless is only worth it on large volume tires, like gravel and mtb.

musiclover

by musiclover

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:47 am
Hooked is better.
Why?
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Mainly just better tire retention as road bikes uses significantly higher pressures

musiclover

by musiclover

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:01 am
Mainly just better tire retention as road bikes uses significantly higher pressures
If you do not have any problems with tyre retention hookless is better.
I have retired from this forum, not wasting any more time here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com