FARSPORTS DISC CARBON WHEELSET Test & Review

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
ullmanz

by ullmanz

GeoffS wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:12 am
ullmanz wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:25 pm
I received my wheels the other day:
45mm deep Feder wheels with DT Swiss 240 EXP

The hub sounds very different to my previous wheels. this one has like a sound 'curve'.
You better go read up on the "240 EXP engagement problem" thread...
No problems so far on the engagement for me.
Yesterday when going down a hill with 50 the sound really came into play.
Gotta say at higher speeds the sound is absolutely lovely!
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

random101

by random101

What's there latest and greatest wheel?

I'd mostly be using clinchers as I hate dealing with tubeless

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

random101

by random101

ps. Do the bars work on Tarmac Sl7? are they a comfy bar?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Yes, comfort depends on what you are looking for

Jalopy

by Jalopy

I might be selling my feders, 35mm deep 28mm wide with dt180 hubs ceramic bearings, cx-cuper spokes and xdr hub. Top shelf build.
I've weighed them at 582gr + 670gr (incl freehub body) = 1252gr.

I love them - super fast and stiff wheels - but contemplating trying another pair of feders again but a deeper rim this time.
I've barely ridden them, so I'd call them almost new. Would only ship within Europe and the price will be close to what I paid for them. Pm me if interested.

Filans

by Filans

ullmanz wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:19 am
GeoffS wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:12 am
ullmanz wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:25 pm
I received my wheels the other day:
45mm deep Feder wheels with DT Swiss 240 EXP

The hub sounds very different to my previous wheels. this one has like a sound 'curve'.
You better go read up on the "240 EXP engagement problem" thread...
No problems so far on the engagement for me.
Yesterday when going down a hill with 50 the sound really came into play.
Gotta say at higher speeds the sound is absolutely lovely!
Same for me, it was absolutely silent when I first got my wheels and kind of didn't spin very well compared to my older wheels with the old dt240. But after a 2000m descent it gets louder now and spins fine.

chazman

by chazman

Does anyone have the actual tire width after mounting on a Feder R35-C27 (22mm internal width) hookless rim? Wondering if I have enough clearance for my Colnago V2R with has a maximum clearance of 29.5mm at the chain stay / BB junction. Otherwise have to get the hooked version which has 26mm outer rim width. Looking to mount the Schwalbe Pro One.

Uselessman001

by Uselessman001

chazman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:53 am
Does anyone have the actual tire width after mounting on a Feder R35-C27 (22mm internal width) hookless rim? Wondering if I have enough clearance for my Colnago V2R with has a maximum clearance of 29.5mm at the chain stay / BB junction. Otherwise have to get the hooked version which has 26mm outer rim width. Looking to mount the Schwalbe Pro One.
I have Pro One TLE 25C on Feder R35-C27 hookless rims. The tire width is 27.85mm as measured at 75PSI.
I once mounted a Pro One TLE 28c, but the tire was over 29mm width.
- Factor OSTRO VAM
- Cinelli STRATOFASTER

SamA

by SamA

Mcdeez wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:30 am
I need a gravel wheel for my superX, wondering if they can dish the wheel 6mm to fit my Ai chanstays, i sent a email, they didnt respond, yet
Apologies if someone has replied to your question. I emailed FarSports this week & I received the following reply:
Feder 6mm.JPG
2023 Wilier Zero SLR (Red Velvet, of course)

disq

by disq

disq wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:23 pm
disq wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm
Just ordered Feder 45's (FSD45CM-28T-SUD) with 240 EXP hubs! Considered getting DT350 and losing 100g weight saving (and gaining $180...) but the low number of cases convinced me that it probably won't happen to me, and if it does I have multiple spare wheelsets anyway.
These arrived today, no fuss from customs, and had the updated ("110" serial) DT ratchets.
Update after 2 and a half months: They are fine, but the front hub has some kind of radial play? When I keep the front (disc) brake on firmly and push the bike forward, it will move forwards a little bit before settling down. I can see the tire rotating about a centimeter while the rotor is solid and is not rotating at all. So it's not the headset. What do you think?

As a result there's also an immediate clanking sound as I use the front brake at speed.

edit: Looks like the CenterLock rotor is moving back and forth slightly and that's what causes the noise (CL splines hitting each other) and play. Still not sure how that would be possible though. Will try with another rotor to check.

Aesch

by Aesch

disq wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:06 pm
disq wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:23 pm
disq wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm
Just ordered Feder 45's (FSD45CM-28T-SUD) with 240 EXP hubs! Considered getting DT350 and losing 100g weight saving (and gaining $180...) but the low number of cases convinced me that it probably won't happen to me, and if it does I have multiple spare wheelsets anyway.
These arrived today, no fuss from customs, and had the updated ("110" serial) DT ratchets.
Update after 2 and a half months: They are fine, but the front hub has some kind of radial play? When I keep the front (disc) brake on firmly and push the bike forward, it will move forwards a little bit before settling down. I can see the tire rotating about a centimeter while the rotor is solid and is not rotating at all. So it's not the headset. What do you think?

As a result there's also an immediate clanking sound as I use the front brake at speed.

edit: Looks like the CenterLock rotor is moving back and forth slightly and that's what causes the noise (CL splines hitting each other) and play. Still not sure how that would be possible though. Will try with another rotor to check.
I had exactly the same on a pair of wheels, torque up your disc rotors to 40nm and probably it will be over.

disq

by disq

Aesch wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:01 pm
disq wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:06 pm
I had exactly the same on a pair of wheels, torque up your disc rotors to 40nm and probably it will be over.
56 Nm now (I have one of those digital torque wrenches) and there's still play, slightly better but not gone. SRAM Paceline rotors. Popped on a Shimano XTR rotor, there's still play but it's negligible... Weird. At least it's not the hub. (XTR rotor on my Hunt hub is solid, Paceline on Hunt has play... So it's the rotor, but going back and forth I think the DT hub might've taken damage over time...)

Aesch

by Aesch

It could be that the continuous rocking back and forth in the hub has caused some damage by now indeed. You should be able to see this though. No idea otherwise.

polpy

by polpy

There is a new finish available it seems. "70% UD Matte (Satin finish)"

Somebody knows something? Pictures?

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

Just ordered a set of the Feder 35 disc wheels with this finish. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them in.

Sandy - Feel free to speed my order up if you want me to share, lol!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com