Zipp 303 Q

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sfo423

by sfo423

anyone running the 303 firecrest tubeless disc? Looking to know (1) 'real' weight w/out tape and (2) if anyone runs 25mm tire. Inner diameter seems wide for 25 tire?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Can't speak for these wheels specifically, but I plan to run 25mm GP5000s on 21mm internal rims, should be a perfect fit, right around 28mm measured (hopefully a lil under, we'll see).

sfo423

by sfo423

What do you have at 21mm?

rides4beer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:51 pm
Can't speak for these wheels specifically, but I plan to run 25mm GP5000s on 21mm internal rims, should be a perfect fit, right around 28mm measured (hopefully a lil under, we'll see).

rides4beer

by rides4beer

sfo423 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:38 pm
Light bicycle 46mm, they're 21mm internal, 28mm external. Just shipped out, should have them in the next couple of weeks. :thumbup:

https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-sha ... tible.html

The page says disc, but they're also available for rim brakes, which is what I ordered.

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

rides4beer wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:49 pm
sfo423 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:38 pm
Light bicycle 46mm, they're 21mm internal, 28mm external. Just shipped out, should have them in the next couple of weeks. :thumbup:

https://www.lightbicycle.com/700C-V-sha ... tible.html

The page says disc, but they're also available for rim brakes, which is what I ordered.
I have the disc version of the U-shaped rims from them. Special ordered the 12k weave which looks fantastic in person. Had my mechanic build them up with CX-rays and a Carbon-Ti hub in front (and SCS spaced hub in back because "Specialized"). I've been on them since late October I think. They have been nothing short of fantastic, and I always get people asking me about them.

Also, I'm running them tubeless with Cinturato 28s. I didn't notice until I went to install that the internal width which measured over 21 mm is actually beyond the spec recommendations of the Cintruatos. Right on the tire it says not to exceed 20mm width. Decided to ignore their advice, mounted them anyway, and they've been perfect although it took a couple days for the sealant to work 100%.

Here are the wheels prior to going tubeless. Turned my Diverge into something I can take on fast group rides. I enjoy riding it at least as much as my Scott Addict.

ms6073

by ms6073

I have come to really appreciate the value of our custom Nox Composites Falcor 36D built on DT Swiss 240S straight pull centerlock disk hubs. Ironically, I opted to purchase the Nox wheels shortly after getting a set of the Light Bicycle 46 mm disc wheels. Nothing wrong with the LB wheels, just liked what Nox had to offer, so essentially the LB wheels ended up being an inexpensive way to purchase the DT hubs, and now there are a pair of the 46mm disc rims hanging in the garage gathering dust! Of course there was a time when I would not ride anything but Zipp 303/404, and while there current offerings look very nice, after 2 hub recalls a few years back, I opted to try something far less boutique/expensive and have not looked back.
Last edited by ms6073 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

rides4beer

by rides4beer

youjettisonme wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:57 pm
I have the disc version of the U-shaped rims from them. Special ordered the 12k weave which looks fantastic in person. Had my mechanic build them up with CX-rays and a Carbon-Ti hub in front (and SCS spaced hub in back because "Specialized"). I've been on them since late October I think. They have been nothing short of fantastic, and I always get people asking me about them.

Also, I'm running them tubeless with Cinturato 28s. I didn't notice until I went to install that the internal width which measured over 21 mm is actually beyond the spec recommendations of the Cintruatos. Right on the tire it says not to exceed 20mm width. Decided to ignore their advice, mounted them anyway, and they've been perfect although it took a couple days for the sealant to work 100%.

Here are the wheels prior to going tubeless. Turned my Diverge into something I can take on fast group rides. I enjoy riding it at least as much as my Scott Addict.
Looks great! I went back and forth on the 12k, I really like it, but landed on the UD. Was gonna go glossy, but their glossy is really glossy. So I went matte and I'm gonna hit it with a bit of polish to bring it to a more satin sheen. I've read nothing but good things about them, and the communication during the ordering process was fantastic, as you can tell, I changed my mind several times! :lol:

They shipped out yesterday, can't wait to take 'em out for a spin!
Attachments
IMG_8039.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

Those look great! You are going to be very satisfied with this purchase.