Tubeless Tyre Sealant - Regular Orange Sealant or Orange Endurance?

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
Calnago

by Calnago

It’s not an exact fit, but close enough. Just make sure you just start screwing it on straight and should be good. I’ve never had any leak out so it’s working. It’s a nice size in that it’s more tall/slender than Short/stubby (Stan’s) which can feel like a lump in your jersey pocket.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

spartan

by spartan

does anyone know what is the shelf life a orange sealant? does it have a expiration date?
Current Rides:

2018 Madone SLR DISC DI2 9XXX
2017 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0 DI2 9150

Calnago

by Calnago

I don’t know but if it’s in the bottle it seems to last a fairly long time. For example, that 4oz bottle I show in the pic above has a date and lot number on the bottom and it’s dated 11/27/17. I think that is the production date but it’s perfectly fine so far. No signs of starting to coagulate or dry out on the sides of the bottle or anything like that. There is no “use by” or “expiration date” anywhere on the bottle.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Calnago wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:07 pm
But a used Tufo 50ml bottle is perfect for carrying on the road, with the OS cap attached. Whereas the smallest Orange Seal container is 118ml (4oz). See comparison below...
Same way as I use the regular version to take with me. Don't even bother anymore to take a spare tubular tire, used it 3 times in the past 3 years. Two for me and one for my son. Tubular tires were Conti Competition - Vittoria Grapheen and a Mavic tubular ( Tufo I guess ). Did the job perfect, 20 ml or so in the tubular tire - spin the wheel around, re-pressure the tire and hop hop off you go.

Bought a big bottle and a 4OZ container a few years ago - think it was 2016 after trowing away several TUFO extreme sealant because that becomes hard after 6 months in the container. the little Tufo containers are ideal though for the Orange seal bottle cap 8) . Orange seal in the big bottle is still fine after a few years.

R