Extralite Road Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mashiehood

by mashiehood

Damn it you will get your before I will - ouch on tarrif, we are lucky to be part of the EU in the UK so no tarrifs..... oh wait we are leaving the EU :cry:

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

mashiehood wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:46 am
Damn it you will get your before I will - ouch on tarrif, we are lucky to be part of the EU in the UK so no tarrifs..... oh wait we are leaving the EU :cry:
Yep, they arrived! Haven't done anything with them yet, but they look great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

Mounted some different (new) tired on these rims. The non-TRL Pirellis were way too lose. Not even passable. The Conti 5000 28 TLR are VERY tight. Tough to mount them with a lever even minus rim tape. Somewhere, I'll find the perfect temperature for the 3 bears poridge.
Last edited by youjettisonme on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emotive

by emotive

youjettisonme wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:38 pm
Thought of another question... I've been focused on tubeless tires, but which traditional clincher tires might work well with these hoops? Who has experience with using tubed tires with hookless rims?
I have ridden 8000km on the hookless version of Light Bicycle RR36C02 wheels. I run them with tubes. Started on a used set of Conti GP4000 II 28mm, then Compass 28mm, and now S-Works Turbo 28mm. I run 55/60psi. Tight to mount, it's important to get the tyre in the centre channel to be able to get the bead over the rim. I've only punctured twice. I bought a TyreKey and that helps with getting tight tyres on.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

mashiehood wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:02 pm
I will mount some Pro One's in 25mm tubeless and run them for Spring and see what the testing will bring.
It'll be fine, tubeless tires generally sit tighter than tubed. I run 25mm One Tubeless and Pro One for several years on my hookless LB rims without any issues.

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

emotive wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:19 am
I have ridden 8000km on the hookless version of Light Bicycle RR36C02 wheels. I run them with tubes. Started on a used set of Conti GP4000 II 28mm, then Compass 28mm, and now S-Works Turbo 28mm. I run 55/60psi. Tight to mount, it's important to get the tyre in the centre channel to be able to get the bead over the rim. I've only punctured twice. I bought a TyreKey and that helps with getting tight tyres on.
Thanks for the feedback. If I end up running them with tubes, I'll likely ride with my TyreKey as well. I have Tubolitos since it's actually less weight to ride with tubes in that case.

mashiehood

by mashiehood

just fitted my gp4000 on the wheels, my god they are a tight fit! no chance without levers. Look good otherwise, the profile on a 25mm tyre measures 27. Am riding 100k on them tomorow so will report back.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Pics and weights people....
Using Tapatalk

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

mashiehood wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:10 pm
just fitted my gp4000 on the wheels, my god they are a tight fit! no chance without levers. Look good otherwise, the profile on a 25mm tyre measures 27. Am riding 100k on them tomorow so will report back.
You'll get those test miles in a lot sooner than me! I mounted some Trickstuff rotors, Ti rotor bolts. However, I have to wait for my Silca tubeless tape to arrive.

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

Any comment on these Conti 5000s, non-tubeless?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Morkai wrote:I'm also looking to the new Extralites for my new wheels (or Bike Ahead biturboRoad), but I'll wait with the decision until reviews for the new Rotor One groupset are out (if any...)

Currently I have around 6k km on hookless Hunt 50 Carbon Aero Disc running tubeless Schwalbe Pro One 25mm and I dread the next time I'll have to replace the tyres.
Not because it's hard to fit new tyres, but because it's increadibly hard (and messy) to remove the old ones (last time I had to ask for help someone with arms 2x bigger than mine :))

I'm 62 kg and usually running 72 PSI front and 79 PSI rear. After fitting new tyres I pump them to ~90 PSI and leave them overnight (without any sealant). If they are still rock hard the next day, I deflate them, pour some sealant and pump back to my desired pressure.
I've had one tiny hole in the front that did not seal properly (not enough sealant left I think) 20 km from home and managed to ride back safely (later checked and the pressure went down to 29 PSI).

But they supposedly have a 'special tech' for securely fitting tubeless ready tyres and are recommending Schwalbe Pro One.
Pressure seems kind of high for your weight? I'm 84kg and run the same or less with tubes on 25mm tyres?
Using Tapatalk

saibot

by saibot

My set arrived this evening, (xd freehub body) came in 8g underweight
R: 576g F:496g

mashiehood

by mashiehood

well, im still alive! wheels are lovely, feel feathery light compared to the boat anchors i have (Enve 3.4 with formula hub weighed almost 1600g), in reality they are wheels which felt good! They look great on my Cervelo R5 and gets the bike to 6.1kg which for a disc bike to great.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

youjettisonme wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:37 am
Any comment on these Conti 5000s, non-tubeless?

looks good as long as the extralites are hooked.. which they are not :beerchug: be careful
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

youjettisonme

by youjettisonme

spdntrxi wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:17 pm

looks good as long as the extralites are hooked.. which they are not :beerchug: be careful
Exactly. Seeme like most tubeless tires are going out of their way to advise not mounting on hookless rims.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com