alternatives to enve 3.4 disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

That's the 55mm rim. I was on about the 35mm shallower rims as that was what was being discussed.

Also with the test protocol used in the tour test, blunt rims come out well. The test is probably biased and not real world.

jhalmar

by jhalmar

^ OP was also thinking about 45mm so I was thinking that it is nice to share the only test where I have seen Mcfk despite it is 55mm. At least I cannot tell the aeroness of the wheel by purely looking at it so the data might tell something. Or is there a better test data available and I am asking because properly made wheel tests are always interesting to look at?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tnkn

by tnkn

STUB1 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:56 am
Thanks for the input. I think i'm going to go with some MCFK - not sure on 35 or 45mm at this stage. I plan on using centrelock, so I guess that rules out extralight. Other than dtswiss240's, any other hubs recs?

tnkn - how do you like the newmen hubs?
moyboy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:58 pm
MCFK 35 disc rims with Extralite SPD-2 hubs. It came in at 1210 grams for the set.

Also i cut the white parts of the decals off. I also have custom mcfk stickers coming in that would make it more "tasteful" :thumbup:
STUB1 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:22 pm
moyboy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:13 am
i've been a big fan of the mcfk 35 rims... can build them with dt swiss 240s at fairwheelbikes.
I did have a look at them. What did yours come in at? Can you get them without the silly white branding all over the rim?
I've not ridden them yet, but from a purely aesthetic, build quality point of view they look fantastic. :) Not much else I can say at this point.

moyboy

by moyboy

I had some custom decals made for my set of MCFK wheels, i think they look way better than the white outlines of the stock wheels.
Update: yes I re-did the decals so they are on correctly, i accidentally put them on the valve side. :roll:
Attachments
mcfk.jpg