Spin on These open mold?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

Funnyclub wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:54 pm
I meant do you know what hubs they use on the spin on these wheels.
they tired their best to hide the hub, no up close photo, but from the side view it looks like powerway r13, decent hub for $60

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Miles253

by Miles253

I’ve got a set of these from last year. They’ve been faultless in every way. I don’t know if it makes a difference, but the graphics are embedded into the rim, which says to me that there is at least some contact at factory level, unless I’m mistaken

Nevertheless, Drew is super knowledgable and answered all my questions happily and I would buy another set
Specialized S-Works Venge Disc | 7.8kg
Rose Backroad | 9kg (Deceased R.I.P.)
Canyon Ultimate CF SL | 7.7kg

https://www.findyourroad.co.uk/
Instagram: @miles_bc

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

hambini wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:10 pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with buying wheels from the far east and building them yourself.

However the bit that MattR said about adding the marketing stuff behind it is dishonest and if someone is going to those lengths, what else are they fudging?

For what it's worth, bm0p700f sent his own wheels in to be tested off his own back. The results showed he didn't have the ultimate fastest wheels but having ridden them around the car park, I would have no hesitation in buying them. Some of the other "branded" wheels are aerodynamically better BUT aero testing doesn't take into account the hub drag and how well built they are.
Which wheels does bm0p700f make?

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

hambini wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:10 pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with buying wheels from the far east and building them yourself.

However the bit that MattR said about adding the marketing stuff behind it is dishonest and if someone is going to those lengths, what else are they fudging?

For what it's worth, bm0p700f sent his own wheels in to be tested off his own back. The results showed he didn't have the ultimate fastest wheels but having ridden them around the car park, I would have no hesitation in buying them. Some of the other "branded" wheels are aerodynamically better BUT aero testing doesn't take into account the hub drag and how well built they are.
Which wheels does bm0p700f make?

mattr

by mattr

Do a quick google for "Borg Wheels". bm0p700f makes those and sells them from his shop (Cycleclinic IIRC)