Best Disc-brake wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CyclingAus

by CyclingAus

Hey guys, I was wondering what the "best" disc brake wheels were. In terms of a climbing/30mm wheel considering weight, stiffness and Aero. Regardless of price

jlok

by jlok

I think CLX32 is almost perfect. Wide, light and stiff with good hubs, it's equally great going up and down hill.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Phill P

by Phill P

custom build a set of wheels. Pick the hubs you think are best for what you want, pick the rims that you think will suit you best, and build them with the spokes you think are best.
There is no best wheels for everybody - if you buy out of a box you get what somebody else thinks will appeal to the most people.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

NickJHP

by NickJHP

I'm quite happy with these that I built. 24/28 spoke, using:

Hope RS4 straight pull 24h front hub
DT Swiss 240s 28h rear hub
Light Bicycle RRU25 carbon rims - 18mm internal width, 25mm depth
Sapim CX-Ray spokes and DT Squorx nipples

Built-up weight, according to my kitchen scales, with tubeless rim tape but without valves installed, is 650g front wheel and 780g rear wheel (1430g total), which is pretty good considering that the total cost of the components was only about $AU960.