Red (coloured) carbon brake pads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

Sorry if this has been covered (I did search) but has anyone any recommendations for dry-weather shimano-fit red coloured carbon brake pads? Plenty of good reviews on the net for Campy red pads, but virtually nothing on eg edco or corima red pads. It's purely for a dash of colour so if they're rubbish compared with the usual Swiss Stops etc I'll forget them, but if they perform as well (ie will stop the bike in the dry) then why not...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Why not just get the Campy pads for the Shimano brake shoes? Job done.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

Calnago wrote:Why not just get the Campy pads for the Shimano brake shoes? Job done.
I was just curious whether anyone was using other brands and what they thought about them but I suspect (as is so often the case on here) your recommendation is spot on...

Phill P

by Phill P

You are looking for soft brake pads for use with carbon rim? Don't fixate on the color it isn't a measure of the pad quality or performance.
We have been testing a number of different pads from different factories. If you would like to try some PM me. Price won't be a lot more than the shipping....
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

Phill P wrote:You are looking for soft brake pads for use with carbon rim? Don't fixate on the color it isn't a measure of the pad quality or performance.
We have been testing a number of different pads from different factories. If you would like to try some PM me. Price won't be a lot more than the shipping....
Thanks for the offer but as I said above I was looking at red purely to add a highlight colour, and wondered if anyone had used eg edco, corima etc as I couldn't find reviews. If the feedback was that they're not worth using then I'll stick with what I have now, but as Calnago says the obvious choice is to try shimano fit Campy pads (which are widely reviewed of course) and I suspect that's what I'll be ordering.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Corima cork, red and very happy with their performance. I can’t vouch for wet weather though as I’m inside on those days, yes soft I know

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

beanbiken wrote:Corima cork, red and very happy with their performance. I can’t vouch for wet weather though as I’m inside on those days, yes soft I know

BB
Thanks. And yes for survival reasons I tend to avoid the roads around where I am when it's wet as well, so dry is what I wanted to know.

mrd

by mrd

Roval/Specialized Carbon pads used to be red. I have an unused set I think

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrd

by mrd

yep, I have a set of 4 unused pads Roval/Red/made by swissstop, I am guessing very similar to yellow king/black prince.